ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Urgent help needed

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Recently I sold my other 182 as I found a decent other 182 at an unmissable price (yeah I know what your thinking) Long short of it is, the exhaust has a slight hole between the cat and 421 branch manifold, however its drove perfectly fine since, Yesterday evening due to a rattling engine and ruling out the dephaser pulley, someone told me to check the spark plugs. I took the manifold off, some was loose but only slightly, nipped them up then I proceeded to put it all back together, immediately the fuel light came on even though to be fair it was already low, Now its coughing, stalling when approaching junctions, soon as the clutch goes down unless there are rev's its stalls and cuts out! HELP PLEASE! I have no idea what it could be everything is where it should be, Plugs aren't that old, Someone said has it run out of fuel and i put £10 from a jerry can in however that hasn't helped! It drove fine this morning down the road to the shop as soon as i came out, struggled to start then I had to keep revs on to keep it alive! Thanks

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Sounds like you've not put it back together properly after doing the plugs. Have you checked the inlet and all pipework etc?

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Sounds like you've not put it back together properly after doing the plugs. Have you checked the inlet and all pipework etc?
One of the bolts have snapped, and gasket needs replacing? shall I order new bolts, gasket and clean it up? It wont start now without revs

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
One of the bolts have snapped, and gasket needs replacing? shall I order new bolts, gasket and clean it up? It wont start now without revs

Of course - It weon't run right if the inlet isn't fitted properly. However, havign said that, an air leak on the inlet usually causes the revs to raise, not lower.

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Of course - It weon't run right if the inlet isn't fitted properly. However, havign said that, an air leak on the inlet usually causes the revs to raise, not lower.
Taken it all apart to be cleaned and gaskets replaced, plus new bolts, the gasket is perished and it did raise at first but then cut out! lets see what it brings! Thanks for the help