ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbo

clio 182 sport
So ive already been doing bits and pieces on my car and have alot planned for the future, but as we all known playing with these cars is a lil expensive so it takes abit of time, ive been looking in the search bar cant seem to find much ....

I just want to know how reliable these cars are on a low boost turbo as this is something i have planned for my car and i still want to use it as an everyday car.

Im not to botherd about the price of the conversion i know how much it costs and dont need peoples opions on telling me to just buy a different car.

just want to know about reliability of them and any common problems thanks :)

OH and if you have done this to your car post me a link to your build thread or something lol

Clio 172 cup
Reliability wise the engine is very strong, 230bhp is about the max mark for standard internals, but the gearbox is the weakest link and will only last 10k miles running this sort of power, you can halve that if you gunna be drag racing

clio 182 sport
i was thinking 250+ but if what dave says is true every 10k to have the gearbox refurbed is true i will think twice about it.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Go for it geez engine dynamics do a low comp kit for £2800 and ull get 230 BHP aswell i'd defo think about a quaife diff to hold the power down better!!