ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 temp indicator

Clio 182 cup
Going back to the dealer again!!!!:dapprove:

My Coolant temp indicator has been very erratic, last night droped to zero for a long time, now engine management light is on.

As i understand there is one sensor with a few outputs, one for guage others for ecu.

anyone else had similar problems?
would be good to know b4 i go back to the dealer AGAIN!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had this happen a couple of times when my 182 was new . I just wriggled the wire from the sensor and it's been ok ever since . It's a common problem from what i've read . It thinks your engine is cold so over fuels it from what i understand . Sounds like it might have caused a problem maybe with your cat . Better to get the dealer to have a look at it imo .

Clio 182 cup
thanks

good to know there should be an easy fix.

Going round to dealer after my 12 hour nightshft, they better be nice to me.

RSC 182 Cup
I found in the servicing paperwork for mine that it had that issue fixed under warranty before I bought it.

Clio 182 cup
Dealer fixed it for now.
"water contamination on the electrical connector"

He said i was to keep out of the puddles, pretty f*'kin imposible if you live in Scotland.

Easy to fix, but harder to get the ECU light out when my warranty runs out in 6 months.

Now just need to find somthing to keep the elements out of the connector.

Thanks for the posts.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Dealer fixed it for now.
"water contamination on the electrical connector"

He said i was to keep out of the puddles, pretty f*'kin imposible if you live in Scotland.

Easy to fix, but harder to get the ECU light out when my warranty runs out in 6 months.

Now just need to find somthing to keep the elements out of the connector.

Thanks for the posts.

Mastick.

Clio 182 cup
For anyone who has an intermittent flat spot around 5000 to 6000 revs, looks like mines has gone after the temp sensor electrical connector was cleaned.

For those in the know out there .......could an erratic temp signal to the ecu have caused the flat spot?