ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 strange power loss

Apologies if this has been discussed before but something odd happened today in my 182. On a cold engine I was in 5th doing about 50 and accelerated as normal. Nothing, no power. Floored it. still nothing, then I gradually lost speed for 5 seconds or so and then it seemed to cut in as normal and has been fine since. Any ideas? :(

Just been in for its 12k service too!

Anybody experienced anything similar?

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Anyway back to the question, has it only done it since service?

Mine does the same so am gonna get it looked at.

But i do know that the ecu wont let it rev above a certain amount until fully warm.
Possibly something to do with that?
Anybody else shed any light?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Apologies, only had my 172 for a few days, so have only found the need to use 5th a couple of times!

Yaris Hybrid
Weird, had something similar happen in my 1.2 16v once. Pulled out of the pub, went over some speed bumps, started accelerating gently and everything just died for a few seconds. All the trip computer and everything had reset (but not the total miles) and that was the one and only time it happened.

Did any dashboard lights come on or go off?

BMW 120i Sport
Sounds like the infamous coolant temp sensor problem, my 182 exhibited a power loss like this. It was replaced under warranty.