ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 starting issues

Renualtsport clio182
Hey guys i have a 182 cup and i have an issue with it not starting, some days it doesn't want to start at all it just cranks over then eventually starts and other days it will start first time then die straight away, once it does start it is perfect doesnt miss a beat.
I have had it scanned the first time it came up with "too many" error codes and then the second time came up with nothing.
I have changed the crank angle sensor and cleaned the throttle body but hasnt seemed to help.
any ideas?

Cheers Chris

Clio 182 Sport Cup
So you have the new 'blue' TDC sensor? Mine had similar symptoms ... resolved with the TDC upgrade.

Renualtsport clio182
oh yeah i forgot to say that the imobilser light isn't on and yeah i have the blue tdc sensor, the problem seems to be when it has been a hot day or night and the car is sitting for a while.
Is there a way to test the coil pack??

Clio 182 Sport Cup
Have you tried turning ignition on, waiting for dash lights to go out, turn key off, turn on ignition again, wait for lights to go out, start engine?

For some reason fuel pump doesn't always prime on first key turn.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Have you tried turning ignition on, waiting for dash lights to go out, turn key off, turn on ignition again, wait for lights to go out, start engine?

For some reason fuel pump doesn't always prime on first key turn.

It should do, I would say the pump is on its way out or you have an electrical fault if it doesn't prime first time. Well worth a test though.

Clio 182 Sport Cup
OK, maybe getting ahead of myself. It was just another common suggestion when I had a similar issue ... but I seem to have resolved mine with the blue TDC upgrade.