ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Springs

182, 172 Track Shed
Hey guys,

Garage is ordering some new front coil springs for my 182 with cup pack and Im worried they may order the wrong ones so:

1) Does the standard 182 and the 182 with suspension cup pack actually use different springs?

2) If so how can I tell the difference? Im hoping they will be different colours...

Thanks

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i dont think they're different mate, i think its just the shocks that are. If they are different either type will fit as the the aftermarket ones dont specify cup pack or not. U dont want to order some aftermarket ones no?? Seems a good time to

182, 172 Track Shed
Yeah i know mate, perfect time to do it, but I got the garage down to a fairly good price and with tax, insurance and xmas all looming I gotta suck it up and stick with new standard ones for now

Who knows, with the new ones not having 48k miles on them I may notice a nice difference on the handling anyway?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
probably will do mate, how much are the new standard one's if you dont mind me asking

182, 172 Track Shed
Not sure how much the springs are on their own but fully fitted came to £150 which was a big improvement on the £260 renault wanted!

This was only for the front 2 springs though as the rears were ok :(

If i was feeling rich and wanted to go aftermarket Im guessing £140ish would get me some prolines after a bit of shopping about and then how much for your average garage to fit them?

Not a poxy Renault
Cup and non cup cars have a different ride height don't they? so I can only assume that the standard springs must be different.
Normally springs have coloured dots on, which denote different spec springs.

182-racing-blue

Ive got some springs in my shed, doh!!

Did you post in the wanted section???

Da

Less
I have some springs also...

And yes the 182 Cup pack and 182 springs are different, the Cup pack makes it sit lower as standard.

Shocks are different also but that shouldn't affect you.

182, 172 Track Shed
Cheers for the offers and help guys,

So, getting back to the question, is there any way of telling standard 182 springs from cupped ones?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
The best answer is £130 for some eibach sportlines/prolines and fit them yourself

Not only better handling and looks but you'll save yourself £20!

Iceberg 172 Cup
Hey guys,

Garage is ordering some new front coil springs for my 182 with cup pack and Im worried they may order the wrong ones so:

1) Does the standard 182 and the 182 with suspension cup pack actually use different springs?

2) If so how can I tell the difference? Im hoping they will be different colours...

Thanks

I have an immaculate full set in the garage mate, you could have bought those :dapprove:

182, 172 Track Shed
I know the eibac springs improve the handling over a standard cup, but do they give much improvement over the Cup Packed ones?

182, 172 Track Shed
Prolines have the least drop am i right?

Anyway else rate the improved handling of them over a standard cupped 182?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah prolines dont offer much of a drop, maybe 10-15mm. Sportlines 25-30mm aprox

182, 172 Track Shed
Ok cool, I havent got the tools really to fit em myself if i do choose the after markets ones, how much would a garage charge roughly?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
should only be about an hour labour. Im sure someone on here who lives in your area would be able to help you for 20 quid

clio 182
I have some springs also...

And yes the 182 Cup pack and 182 springs are different, the Cup pack makes it sit lower as standard.

Shocks are different also but that shouldn't affect you.
how you doing mate do you still have the springs if so are they standard or?thanks mate.