ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Shift Light - anyone got one?

That's the "Your out of the powerband and about to hit the limit light" lol. But yeah, you will have one.

big boost cup
in the dash bottom right hand corner. or are you on about the massive ones to sit on the top dash

in the dash bottom right hand corner. or are you on about the massive ones to sit on the top dash

I was talking about one that sits on top of the dash, but now I'm interested in this default flashing light people are talking about.

I'm going to check that out later.

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Where do these get wired in to? I'm looking to fit one to the meg but there seems different types.

It isn't really a "shift" light as such, the default one which people are mentioning.

More a "change gear now before you hit the limiter" light.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
so a shift light then :p

its in the worst possision if you ask me, and i think it should be able to beep or the likes of...

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Think the standard light goes under the name "Over Rev Warning Indicator" or something similar.

I fitted a sequential shift light to my 172 Cup but removed it after a week as it was very erratic. Mostly when slowing down it would flash like crazy, so returned it to the manufacturer. Dunno if it was just that particular type but it was basically no good. The manufacturer said they've had problems with them fitted to Clio's due to a weak signal? Dunno how true that is, but it does have two pulses from the coil so I'd imagine it would under read by half, but so long as it's just a shift light and not an RPM counter it should be fine. I'd imagine the Burpspeed car runs it's lights off its standalone management, not the original Renault ECU.

182cup & 172 racecar
( I'd imagine the Burpspeed car runs it's lights off its standalone management, not the original Renault ECU.)

That I do know we do.