ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ride height

I've been wondering whether the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch, when you look at the car from the side, on a standard non lowered 182 is different at the front and back.

I am sure mine seems to be ever so slightly higher at the front.

Looking at this thread it appears as though Acejon has a simliar issue.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102863

Does any one have any thoughts? Have Renault fooked mine up or is this normal?

look at the sill rather than the arch gaps, normally they have a "nose down" stance. Either way 182s come equipped with all terrain suspension as standard and need a drop

lower without them ???

unbelievable ! :coffee:

i was once was told in forza motor sport that if i lowered the ass end and raised the front end on my enzo that i would get more stability and top end around an oval track. although i knew damn well that wasnt the case in reality i did it anyway lol.

the things we do ??? :slap:

E91 M Sport
From what I've seen, even lowered 182's often have a larger gap at the front than the back. Mine did with standard springs, and still does slightly with Apex's. Guess you could dial it out with coilovers.....but maybe its like that for a reason!

for example, mine 172 ph2 came 2 cm lower at back (almost an inch)

as I've read, 182 with cup susp should be 1cm lower at back and Trophy is even front to back

I've found the best handling on mine when rear is 1cm lower than the front (dropped on H&R's 45/35), and I always measure from arch to lower wheel edge

cheers

i get a nosebleed when i get in an unlowered one with standard seats in it ;) then a couple of bends later im seasick to top it all off.