ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 remap?

Clio 182
Hi guys, anyone had any major problems with remaps?

I'm thinking of getting one but not sure if it lead to any issues

Please help

Terry

Westfield
No problems with mine,

If there was any you would just take it back to whoever mapped it. Unless your thinking RStuner?

Looking for 182
Major things I've noticed that made it worthwhile for me:

- Smoother power delivery throughout rev range
- Smoother running when cold, no more 'kangaroo' effect

I have noticed a slight decrease in MPG, but this might be caused by something else.

Clio 182
what the stage 1? they are very competitve on price. I just wouldnt want to spend that money if i would be left dissappointed. with the ktec i bet it really improves response. is it not hard to put the power down as traction always kicks in lol

Iceberg 172
TBH mate, if you want a remap to make a big difference to power then you will be disappointed.

The Remaps more sort out the power delivery making it a bit smooth and gives you better throttle response and sorts out the engine when running lumpy when cold.

It probably won't make a difference (maybe 5bhp max) to peak power on a RR.

Clio RSI 1.6
When you say makes it a more smooth delivery, what exactly do you mean? You lose the secondary kick in of power at 4500rpm? I love that >_>

When you say makes it a more smooth delivery, what exactly do you mean? You lose the secondary kick in of power at 4500rpm? I love that >_>

You dont lose the kick, smooth delivery meaning it smooths out the flat spots in the rev range giving you a smoother power delivery

What other mods??? I can't believe (I will if I'm wrong!) that you got 9bhp from just a remap! You'd be lucky to get 10bhp with Matched Inlets, Full Exhaust and a remap!

Paul@rstuning = genius

I have matched inlets thats it, made 161.3bhp
After remap it made 170.3 then 171.4bhp

Iceberg 172
Paul@rstuning = genius

I have matched inlets thats it, made 161.3bhp
After remap it made 170.3 then 171.4bhp

With matched inlets I can believe it tbh... I take it Paul gave it a live custom map???

I was saying a generic map with no other mods would be lucky to get 5bhp.

Iceberg 172
So acceleration comes at a faster pace than how it is standard basically?

If you can imagine a power curve being a bit lumpy, a remap just smooths it out so when you're say in 3rd gear at 4000rpm and you boot it you get a better response and no sluggish moments.

With matched inlets I can believe it tbh... I take it Paul gave it a live custom map???

I was saying a generic map with no other mods would be lucky to get 5bhp.

Yeah thats a custom live map, he was even surprised at the results, done on a really hot day to so he said it will be good for a few more horses on a cold day, but yeah your definately right a generic map would nowhere near get the same results 5bhp max

Iceberg 172
Yeah thats a custom live map, he was even surprised at the results, done on a really hot day to so he said it will be good for a few more horses on a cold day, but yeah your definately right a generic map would nowhere near get the same results 5bhp max

PM me if you want but out of interest, what did he charge for the custom map? I don't really see the point in me doing it atm as I only have a panel filter and cat back but matching inlets and decat will probably be done over xmas and depending on if I can get an RS2 early next year I wouldn't mind a nice map!

Clio RSI 1.6
Ahh okay, thanks Steve! I've always wondered what people meant when they were saying smoothing it out, finally know:D
I'm thinking about going down to ABP motoring and getting it remapped there for a christmas present

Iceberg 172
Ahh okay, thanks Steve! I've always wondered what people meant when they were saying smoothing it out, finally know:D
I'm thinking about going down to ABP motoring and getting it remapped there for a christmas present

No worries, there's a lot of other people on here that could give you a more in depth explanation but that's the basics!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I thought the 5kRPM power increase was down to fueling. You will lose the 'kick' but it will have more power lower down the rev range and be much more drivable.

I noticed an increase in MPG on the ph1 172 with just a simple RS tuner remap. On a trip to scotland I got 43mpg and I wasn't taking it steady. A custom map will be even better as it is basically taylor fitted to your cars engine. I'm sure paul told me he could get a good 8-10bhp out of the ph1's.

I plan on taking the trophy down to him next year to get it done, not sure if there will be a tasty JMS Rs2 Inlet manifold on there aswell though :D

Westfield
The JMS map definately smoothed out the power and made it pull harder lower in the revs, the 5k kick is not as noticeable it just pulls all the way through the rev range now rather than waiting untill 5k then getting a big surge.

Also have the overun feature and the pops and bangs alone was worth the cost for me. :cool:

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST Stage 3
for the smoother delivery then yes but for performance i would not bother tbh

It's not about the power increase though, £180 to make the power delivery so much smoother, can't think of many mods that are better value for money.

Combined with a decat is well worth it.

Westfield
Yea if your looking for massive performance increase then a remap is not what your after, and its' gonna cost serious cash to get any decent performance increase out of an F4R.

i got mine remapped at k-tec and i got 11bhp... and a fair bit of torque. mines completely standard about from a map and its running 165.8bhp

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
i got mine remapped at k-tec and i got 11bhp... and a fair bit of torque. mines completely standard about from a map and its running 165.8bhp

f**k me something wrong there mate, checked your timing lately? 165 after mapping is shocking, even pre mapping its not looking good

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
surely they would've given you some sort of indication as to why it is so low down on power, it should be quite close to 180bhp if it's a propper remap

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Our dyno always reads low compared to others, hence why we so most 172s producing around 160bhp. As a rule our dyno tends to read around 10bhp down on a standard car and even then we would not expect a standard 172 to produce near its claimed factory power output. So a car doing 155bhp would normally be around 165bhp on most other dynos and once mapped it will do around 165-166, add 10bhp to this give you around 175bhp which is about right for a mapped 172. We have a brand new dyno coming in the new year which should see our figures more in line with other dynos.

I could also go on about how a car is strapped down on the dyno and how this affects the power produced. Strapping a car down safely on the dyno is very important and it is possible to get a car to produce more power (by allowing it to ride up onto the front roller) by very slightly slackening the straps. You will be surprised how many companies do this to improve figures. The dyno is used to show gains before and after work is done and figures from one dyno should not really be compared to another dyno as there are so many variables that can effect the power outputs.

I hope this helps explain the figures and we consistantly see good gains from custom mapping the 172 and 182s.

David.

yeah it was running 155 before mapping, just read ktecs post... i didnt know that. so in theory my cars running about 176bhp?

heres the dyno of my 182 remapped.. so according to ktec's post... mine should be running around 175.4bhp? thats a gain of 11bhp after remap.. mines completely standard apart from the map

img0162oq.jpg