ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Rear Wheel Bearing Problem

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I been out in the 182 this morning for a test drive after changing the thermostat. Everything working great again apart from the rear nearside wheel. I'm getting a grinding noise coming from it when I turn right. Now I had this about the same time last year, I changed the rear bearing (which was fooked) and disc and it cured the problem. So the new disc & bearing have only lasted 12-14 months. Are the bearing that bad or could I have another problem and if so what could it be?

Thanks in advance :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Clios eat bearings although failed bearings are more of a whine than a grinding noise.

It maybe your calliper that needs adjusted if its grinding

Golf GTD Mk7
did you remember to put the spacer on? if it is the bearing, when you jack the rear up, the wheel will wobble. Give it a go. If not it could be something binding?

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Did you replace with an official Renault rear disc/bearing?

No, that could be it.

did you remember to put the spacer on? if it is the bearing, when you jack the rear up, the wheel will wobble. Give it a go. If not it could be something binding?

I've definately got the spacer in, I took the wheel off today and checked it out. The Caliper is all fine, working correctly and not binding. I'm gonna order a new disc & bearing, will try a genuine Renault one. It definately sounds like a bearing