ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rear bumper - Inferno - respray cost?

Ball park figure before I decide if it's even worth getting quotes.

I have some damage to my offside corner of my rear bumper. It was left as a present in a car park, which is nice. The damge is right down to black plastic and although the scrapes are no bigger than 2 or 3 inches each, it looks to me like the area needs a complete respray.

What do the paint guys recommend? Is it possible to spray some of the bumper, or would it be better to respray it all? Also how much do you think would be a reasonable price to expect to have to pay? Colour match and quality obviously essential. I'm not sure if Inferno is going to make it more expensive.

Danke.

Hmmm not too bad. Less than I was expecting TBH. Obviously I wouldn't get Renault to do it as they'd probably do the front bumper, and then tell me the rear one needs doing and my brake discs have gone.

CLIO 182 TROPHY
Ball park figure before I decide if it's even worth getting quotes.

I have some damage to my offside corner of my rear bumper. It was left as a present in a car park, which is nice. The damge is right down to black plastic and although the scrapes are no bigger than 2 or 3 inches each, it looks to me like the area needs a complete respray.

What do the paint guys recommend? Is it possible to spray some of the bumper, or would it be better to respray it all? Also how much do you think would be a reasonable price to expect to have to pay? Colour match and quality obviously essential. I'm not sure if Inferno is going to make it more expensive.

Danke.
HI. IM A Painter my self and can tell you that if you want it to be perfect expect to pay about 150- 200 quid and make sure they paint the whole bumper. if they only paint part of the bumper after time a fadeout line will start to appear and really do your head in. hope this helps

Clio MK3 Work in progress
Theres a Inferno 182 Rear bumper on ebay in perfect condition - That any good? Does have a k-tech rear splitter fitted though. Cheaper then spraying.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I paid £150 Cash for the GF's 172 Rear Bumper to be Resprayed and its a Great Job :)

As said, get the whole bumper done, and don't do cheap when it comes to bodyshops, you'll only regret it.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll have to check what my excess is and decide what do do from there. Not keen on the ebay item TBH.