ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rattle from inside the glovebox

ClioSport 182

Hi,

After a few weeks of trying to locate a persistent rattle I have located it to be from inside the glovebox. If I press against the "ceiling" inside the box the rattle goes away.

Any ideas what this might be? A cable resting on the "ceiling" or something? Do I have to remove the dash to get to this?

Thanks for any help!

KnightAzul

I have my glove box stuffed with sound insulating foam that I bought for my monster PC some months ago to quieten it down (£400 graphics card). This was mainly just to wedge the locking wheel nut box and service book in, but must help reduce rattles in there too?

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 24 March 2005

ive got this as well it annoys the fcuk out of me the only solution i have found is ram the glove box up with stuff so it presses on the top
Ho ho ho ... thatll be the final solution if I cant find some other means.

KnightAzul

Ford Fiesta

does the glovebox not unscrew or do you have to take top dash off?

as you say prob a wite or something there. Try having a look with a torch in the hole under the blue air con switch in there.

BMW 120i Sport

Seems to be a common thing with the 182, i occasionally have this rattle.

Alas, I think i have found it. I had a bang about the passenger door to locate the rattle and the only thing that was "loose" was the fuse box cover on the side of the dash at the passenger side. I took it off, reseated it with some vibration killing foam.

Sorted.