ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 'project' nearly finished

My trusty lil 182 :)
Can't classify it as a proper project as not taken many phots but been gradually doing bits and pieces on my car over the last 9 months or so getting it ready for a few trackdays and hopefully the odd sprint/hillclimb this year. Just had another big push at the weekend and now just about done so thought I'd share some pics.

DSC_0024.gif

DSC_0023.gif

DSC_0025.gif

Few more things to tidy up like getting the soundproofing areas cleaned up, changing seat insert for a black one, fitting new steering wheel.

Other than that new wheels and some track tyres on the wish list and possibly polycarb windows at some point.

Spec of the car as it:
Engine: Maxogen, Orbisoud and fastchip remap
Suspension and brakes: AST coilovers + solid topmounts. Brembo max discs and pagid blue pads at front, standard rear.
Interior: Removed carpets and all sound deadening material. Cobra Evolution seats and Sparco 3 point harnesses. Caged/MSV rollcage.

Comments welcome :)

Haven't signed up and got my bluebook yet so don't know for definite but from chatting to the HSA guys at the autosport show it seems it won't be the basic roadgoing class (A2) because I have no rear seats. Think that means it will be B2 or C2 (not quite sure on the classes til i get my blubook) - not likely to be terribly competitive but doing it to challenge myself.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Haven't signed up and got my bluebook yet so don't know for definite but from chatting to the HSA guys at the autosport show it seems it won't be the basic roadgoing class (A2) because I have no rear seats. Think that means it will be B2 or C2 (not quite sure on the classes til i get my blubook) - not likely to be terribly competitive but doing it to challenge myself.

Yeh i was kinda thinkint the same Re...being competitive! Being 'between' classes is a fcuker!

They are, got a good deal second hand. Might change the drivers one for a xlow at some point but these do the job nicely for now.

And no comment to pt 2!! :rasp:

Turbo Beige

If you fit the rear seats back in then you will fit into a much more competiitve class. There are more cars and a wider variety in A2 than anything else you will be able to use it for. The cage can be fitted with seats in as well.