ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 problem

///M135i
hi, just new to the forum!

bought my 182 a month ago 40k on the clock FSH. when I start the car cold (starts no bother) i pull away change into 2nd and there is a banging from under the car. also the car pops out of 1st sitting at lights. the clutch also seems heavy and stiff. could this be the dogbone mount?

cheers! michael

Yozza'd BG
check the exhaust heat shields for the banging...corrosion can cause them to come loose!

P.S. the clutch is heavy anyway cos its a 2 litre!

///M135i
cheers mate.

another question, i leave the car at work at 8am come back at 4pm to pick in up and it starts but the revs take a dive and the car judders. any ideas?

michael

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
check the exhaust heat shields for the banging...corrosion can cause them to come loose!

P.S. the clutch is heavy anyway cos its a 2 litre!

The clutch is relatively stiff yes, but it has nothing to do with the fact its a 2 litre!

182 Cup
Aye I'd take a look at heat shields on rear back box as Budgie said mine was doing this a few months back especially round bumpy corners going slow which made me think something was loose and turned out it had rusted just round the washer, bigger washer and problem sorted hoe it's that simple for you!

Clutch took some getting used to when I got mine especially in slow moving traffic felt like my leg was going to fall off from lactic acid build up lol don't notice it after a year though until you get in someone else's car then back in your own. It's that wierd feeling like when you used to swap bikes with your mate when you were little

DoH..

Titanium 182
cheers mate.

another question, i leave the car at work at 8am come back at 4pm to pick in up and it starts but the revs take a dive and the car judders. any ideas?

michael

You could try cleaning the throttle body, although they are all crap on cold starts mine included and my TB is now shining :rasp:

PM me if you want to try it and I'll help you out, isn't really very hard.