ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 MPG mid 20s

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Black 182
My 182 is drink fuel like a alki, i means its topping out at 29mpg, could this be due to a broke lamda sensor? as my exhust snaped and was hanging by the lamda. but surely this would bring up a mangement light??? Only other thing i could think of it beining is the manifold to cat gasket, as one of the bolts snaped, so i just replaced the bolt. any ideas??? first week of havin my 182 so sorry for the ten million questions :)

BMW F21 125d
Kind of normal 29mpg tbh if your doing mostly short ish journeys with lots of stopping & starting in traffic.

Ph1
Unless it was London stop start heavy traffic or a track day thrash id be worried with 29mpg being ''normal'' lol

That doesn't sound too bad really TBH. The stories on here about averaging a thousand mpg are at best, bullshit IMO. Or rather, the 182 really doesn't return fantastic mpg if driven normally i.e. not at 1% throttle, holding up lines of traffic while watching the fuel needle and tapping away on a calculator.

Mine normally averages around 28-29. The best I ever got was cruise through Belgium & Holland at around 40mpg. Driving like Miss Daisy.

Last time I tracked it, I went through 2 complete tanks - on the track, and had to put a 3rd in before setting off home :eek:

Mini JCW
My 172 Cup normally gets high 30s all day long, if driving like a granny it will hit 40 or so - are the 182s (just like the 197s) noticeably thirstier then?

Depends on your style of driving and if you are in traffic often, but if you arent, 29mpg does sound a bit low. I get about 37ish average in my commute (15 miles), that's when Im driving with a light right foot too ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
very low for average driving. even with the occassional burst you should still be getting 32mpg really.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I used to get 35 on the 172's, 32 on the 182's. But I do a lot of motorway miles.

Monaco 172 (02)
I've covred 1800 miles in mine since having it. 80% of the time in traffic and Im not using a particularly light foot and I've averaged 33.8mpg. Very happy with it to be honest. I still dont think 29mpg is that bad assumin its urban driving.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm averaging 36 so far since i filled up. Mostly motorway at 80 with a few thrapings here and there!

All depends on the roads and if you're stuck in traffic. I get average 35-36 but i do alot of motorway and a-road driving. Soon drops when I put my foot down

LY 182
I'm averaging 36 so far since i filled up. Mostly motorway at 80 with a few thrapings here and there!

All depends on the roads and if you're stuck in traffic. I get average 35-36 but i do alot of motorway and a-road driving. Soon drops when I put my foot down

Great examples here, unless you're driving like above and or driving on a motorway without traffic don't expect good mpg. If I drive in normal time to work i.e. rush hour I'm lucky to hit 30mpg and usually get 26-28mpg. If I go in early and miss the traffic I can average 38-42mpg, driving like a granny of course.

MCS R56
Mine averaged high 30's. Always more than 360 miles to a tank. Mid 20's sounds bad, unless you are ragging it all the time.

RS 172+
I shiver to think how I would have to drive to get 30 MPG out of my 172.

I travel 40 mies a day (30 of which is on motorway), plus some weekend town driving, and I average 45 MPG :approve:

RS Twingo 133
I hope you're not all being guulible enough to believe what the car tells you... you have to verify it yourself. My RS meg was 5mpg worse than the car claimed and my 182 is around 1.5mpg worse.

I owned a 182 previously and never got above 28mpg cos I only ever thrashed 15 miles a day around awesome country roads, but now I have 50% motorway and the rest heavy footed and I average about 31mpg.

A guy who I work with has a stripped out 172 Cup and averages high 30's doing similar driving to me so I'm guessing that is down to the lack of weight.

Stop looking at your mpg and just drive it!

MCS R56
I hope you're not all being guulible enough to believe what the car tells you... you have to verify it yourself. My RS meg was 5mpg worse than the car claimed and my 182 is around 1.5mpg worse.

I owned a 182 previously and never got above 28mpg cos I only ever thrashed 15 miles a day around awesome country roads, but now I have 50% motorway and the rest heavy footed and I average about 31mpg.

A guy who I work with has a stripped out 172 Cup and averages high 30's doing similar driving to me so I'm guessing that is down to the lack of weight.

My trip computer was almost bang on.

51.9 MPG on the Motorway in my 172 Cup last weekend. Well.. was until the Arctic I was following pulled out and then it started dropping :(

182 Trophy (#27/500)
I do 300 miles a week at the mo. Roughly 220 are motorway and the rest are town and city driving. I always average the same 31mpg which i feel is about right. I have been known to get mid 40's when sat at 60 on motorway though!!!

BMW F21 125d

My 182 has a spot on computer, always within 0.1mpg of the truth, my old 172 however was utter shite, i regularly got 50mpg apparently!

When i first got my 182, the previous owner was getting into the late 40s.
I have just achived my personal best of 32.7mpg

RB 182 cup
my 182 seems crap compaired to my old 172, on a trip to brighton which is 200 mile away and then back i averaged 47mpg and ive never seen anything near that in my 182. ive just changed the lambda tho so am gunna see how it goes but im not holding up much hope

I got 47 (according to the comp) driving my clio on business use (so I wasnt desperate to get where I was going!)
60-70mph on the motorway = surprisingly good mpg!

RS 172
i take it you are on about true MPG figure and not the onboard computer? that is normally out by a few MPG.

Black Ph2 172
It sounds completely normal to me...around town I only get about 25-27 mpg in my 172 but can crack 42 on a motorway!

182 here and averaging 32MPG with a mix of city driving, hooning and some dual carriageway/motorways. Have seen 40+ on boring motorway runs though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.