ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Misfire at sub 3k, hunting idle, occasional stall when stopping, lumpy ride.

182 FF
I've not had my 182 long and it has started to run awfully. At low RPM it is hesitant, it misfires then clears, coming up to junctions or to a halt it occasionally stalls, the idle is lumpy and is constantly hunting. There is no real pattern to it whether it be hot or cold it will behave the same way.. before I start to take bits off and pay for new parts I want to see if there is anyone with experience of a similar set of issues.

I did plug a fault reader into the OBD port but it didn't find any codes, the EML light isn't on either.

From reading the forum I have possibly narrowed it down but given I only have a weekend to fix it I want to make sure I start at the right place!

Could it be:
  • Injector problems?
  • Coil/leads/plugs?
  • Timing?
  • Crankshaft sensor?
  • Inlet gasket?
  • Lamda Sensor?
  • Or, a combination of the above resulting from a deeper issue with wiring etc...??
  • Or, something else??
It is at the point where I don't want to drive the car as it isn't enjoyable at all especially in traffic or in tight areas..

Please help!!!

derv biege barge
Re: 182 - Misfire at sub 3k, hunting idle, occasional stall when stopping, lumpy ride

Get a live diagnostic of oxygen sensor.
I had similar sounding issue and that fixed it for me.

182 FF
Re: 182 - Misfire at sub 3k, hunting idle, occasional stall when stopping, lumpy ride

How do I go about doing that?