ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold on 172 cup.

ClioSport 172 Cup
I would never go back to my 172 mani. You really feel a big improvement in torque from low all the way through mid and we all know torque is king! The job itself isn`t really that bad, you just have to be patient.
I just dropped the subframe a little and loosened all engine mounts then pull engine forward. You also have to remove the plenum. Got it in through the top!

Audi A4
Seeing as I don't do track days or drag racing... I just picked up a 182 manifold and link pipe. Pain in the bum to fit as I don't have an engine crane, so getting quotes for fitting today. Live near reading, anyone know anywhere trustworthy in that area?

Once fitted, its off to ktec for some dyno fun!

Seems like there's pros and cons with everything you do to clios.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Do you have a before power reading? Be interesting to know a direct before and after.

You dont need an engine crane to do it if you go the subframe removal route. Still a pain in the arse for little gain I've heard.

Good luck and hope you get something out of it.

172 cup
I heat wrapped and silicone coated a 2nd hand genuine 182 manifold and used the KTec decat link pipe. Also fitted a lightened flywheel and new clutch at same time. So its hard to comment on gains. But it does feel like a bit more torque mid-top end. Sounds nice aswell :).

I do need a new cat-back system though so this could be restricting it a bit (the system has 2 bomb silencers + the rear silencer).