ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold for 172

340i
alot of work, you would have to drop the whole subframe of the car..

That de-cat pipe wont fit, you need a 182 manifold to 172 exhaust system link pipe!

Check the guide section, someone has gone through the conversion on there

Writen off dci 100

That de-cat pipe wont fit, you need a 182 manifold to 172 exhaust system link pipe!

i phoned ktec earlier on today and they have the decat to fit for about 100 quid

340i

i phoned ktec earlier on today and they have the decat to fit for about 100 quid

yep thats right.. pricey link pipe LOL!

Ive got a 182 manifold, cant be bothered to fit it now. Think i may just sell it haha

CS Dungeon
heres the link pipe mate, fitted mine yesterday

DSC05733.gif
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/smokey182/172/DSC05733.jpg

340i
heres the link pipe mate, fitted mine yesterday

DSC05733.gif

Nice comparison image there...

I am still undecided weather or not to fit my 182 manifold, ive attempted to start the job 3 times then thought "naaaah, ill do it another day" LOL!

How long did it take you to fit?

ITB'd MK1
I'd honestly wait until you need something else done. it's majorly easier with the head off. Ideally done at the same time as portwork and cams IMO. The subframe still needs dropping but it's a lot easier at this stage

340i
I'd honestly wait until you need something else done. it's majorly easier with the head off. Ideally done at the same time as portwork and cams IMO. The subframe still needs dropping but it's a lot easier at this stage

Ok.... if you pay for some head work and a set of cams ill do it :rasp:

ValverInBits

Not just any old someone! :rasp:

Heres my guide mate. You need to be fairly confident with a spanner as you are removing the subframe. You will need a fair garage of tools too.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=313845

ValverInBits
The head is the top end of the engine that contains the valves, rocker tappets (f4r), cams. The top end (head) controls gas flow in and out of the engine.

what can you get done to it and is it pricy

eh, I thought we were talking about manifolds?
The head controls gas flow. More gas flow means bigger bangs, means more power. Performance Cams (£700ish in parts ONLY) will give you around 10 or 15bhp with a remap.
Having someone like angel works "porting" the head/inlet manifolds will also give a little extra.
you get the idea. Yes it's quite costly

Edit: correct me if im wrong someone, But TBH I think the best "bang for buck" modification atm is the RStuner remap kit or a decat. I wouldnt recommend a decat to someone who doesent work on their car as they have to be swapped come MOT time.