ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 locking / unlocking

I know ive got a head like a sieve, but has anyone else experienced their 182 locking / unlocking itself? Ive been stood near to the car, a couple of times now and its just locked itself (after ive unlocked it using the button on the key and am sure i didnt press the button again)??!!

Also, it mustve happened about 8 times now; Ill come back to the car, press the button to disarm it - only to find it was already unlocked! I started getting paranoid that it was me forgetting to lock it, but its now happend too many times for them *all* to be my fault...

I need to book it in anyway, so will do, but just thought i should ask. It does the 3-bleep thing too (intermittently), so maybe theres a (mis)connection.

Cheers dudes. Andy

CTR-GT (FN2)

I think its alrite mate, just some sort of safety feature, if you unlock it and dont open a door for about 30 secs it will lock itself again. My 1.2 does it as well, caught me out 1st time it happen Id could have sworn I never locked it!

VaVa

Requirement of a Cat 1 alarm iirc. If you unlock it and dont open any doors etc, it will automatically lock itself after a short period.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 12 August 2004 at 3:51pm] beaten to it ^^^^

Cat1 status says (I think) it has to lock itself after so long.. is the alarm CAT1?

Its ok.. but can be annoying.. most people disable it (altho, thats on aftermarket alarms).

CTR-GT (FN2)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 12 August 2004

Cat1 status says (I think) it has to lock itself after so long.. is the alarm CAT1?

Its ok.. but can be annoying.. most people disable it (altho, thats on aftermarket alarms).
By the way, mine doesnt actually have an alarm but it still does this

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Its 30seconds I think, and I think its just part of the central locking so hence even the unalarmed imports do it.

CTR-GT (FN2)

Quote: Originally posted by defusionx on 12 August 2004

surely must have an alarm if its doing that? its a feature of the standard alarm that after 60secs it locks again if no doors have been opened.
Nope I defo got no alarm, I have a 1.2 Expression, just got a immobilser and still has that feature, so must be linked with the locking mechanism

Cool thanks for the info guys; am now settled on the self locking feature matter..

But the self unlocking feature seems much less useful!! Ill continue to monitor it, Im checking the door handle each time and will see what occurs.

Andy - I know what you mean I came to got to work the other morning pressed the button and the car locked!!!!! I ALWAYS check the car is locked when I leave it and couldnt understand how/why it had unlocked itself???

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the reason for the relock is due to the use of the radio frequencey plips which can work from a great distance. the idea being that if you accidently press the button whilst in your house and the car unlocks it will lock itself back up. if its unlocked and no doors are opened it will relock within 30 seconds. this is to do with the cat rating. renault alarms use the original plip. the alarms arent fitted at the factory so every vehicle is like this just in case it has an alarm fitted.