ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Insurance

Saxo
Hey i currently own a saxo and im looking to purchase a 182 with cup packs in the new year :) Just wondering what sort of prices people are paying to insure a 182 at the age of 20 with 2 years ncb.

Depends who you are with.

Ive been looking at the best i could get was circa £1800 with admiral and I live in sale. (few junctions down the m60 for you) ;)

thats with me at 21, 2years ncb with mum and dad on as 2nd/3rd drivers. its not going to be cheap.

Saxo
I wouldnt mind paying £1800. I paid more than that last year on my saxo.

Yeah ill try get quotes with the parents on as named drivers

Saxo
Neither, mine is a Furio 1.4 model. Looks identical to the VTR/S just smaller engine.

Yeah im not really bothered about mods i wont be doing anything to it i dont think. Got a quote of 3500 with my mum and dad as named drivers. Couldnt afford that :(

ouch. pretty expensive then. Just shop around thats the best way. IMO ph2 172's are actually cheaper to insure by a couple of hundred quid. So many think about those first?

Megane R26
£700 for me and i'm 23 :approve:
All mods declared, like for like on the mods
Unlimited mileage
Drive any other car third party
6 years protected no claims

MR2 Mk1.5
Comparing what you pay is all well and good but almost utterly pointless as you all present different insurance risks...

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Brentacre and Adrian flux offered me £1200.
Trophy, 21yrs old, 3yrs ncb, parked on street, drive to work.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
172 and 182 were the same price for me to insure when i was buying mine. 197/200 are cheaper!

Nimbus R27
Try Aviva. They beat my best qoute by over £100 for my 197 R27, but as said, its different for everyone with age/postcode etc.

Have you tried going on confused.com? I know everyone knocks comparison websites, but Admiral for me on a 182 was £1,400, but when I went direct to them for a quote it was over £1,000 more!

Worth having a look..

Im 20 with 3 years NCB btw..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Comparing what you pay is all well and good but almost utterly pointless as you all present different postcodes...

Very true! ;)

Unless the entire insurance industry has altered in the last few weeks - that will have the single biggest affect on your premium. So long as you didn't pass your test yesterday. How are the SK* postcodes generally for insurance?

D.