ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 insurance

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi people, its that time of year again unfortunatly! I'm 24, 3 points, live in not a bad area and have 6 years no claims. My insurance last year was £580 with churchill and they have just sent me a renewal for £605! Gutted!

I have done a quick search on a comparison website and the cheapest was £625, and churchill were on it @ £640!

Anyone got any advice or some decent websites to recomend?

Also i have my dad and 28 year old missus to help bring it down (both clean licences and no accidents)

Thanks guys, Gaz

Titanium 182
Stop complaining !

If I wanted a 182 it would be £1800 so i have to buy a 106 Gti

So yeah

Stop complaining !

Titanium 182
I'm 19 :)

£1400 on a Gti with Adrian Flux with Suspension Exhaust and Induction kit declared.

Just need to sell my car and buy a Gti now ;)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Stop complaining !

If I wanted a 182 it would be £1800 so i have to buy a 106 Gti

So yeah

Stop complaining !

Thanks for the help! Unlucky!

Im not complaining just dont see why it should go up with and extra years NCB

Titanium 182
Thanks for the help! Unlucky!

Im not complaining just dont see why it should go up with and extra years NCB

I know i sympathise mate :) was only joking aha, insurance going up when you have gained a years NCB is harsh.

I turned 19 on the 14th and I will have 2 Years NCB by the end of the month :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I know i sympathise mate :) was only joking aha, insurance going up when you have gained a years NCB is harsh.

I turned 19 on the 14th and I will have 2 Years NCB by the end of the month :)

I know its not the end of the world but your right, it shudn't go up!

Its hard but be paitient mate, we all have to go through the years where we have expensive insurance, sucks big time

clio sport 182 cup
that is steep im only 22 any my insurance on my 182 cup is 780 with 4 ncb and 3 points also have my lass on there she only 21. try tesco value insurance

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
that is steep im only 22 any my insurance on my 182 cup is 780 with 4 ncb and 3 points also have my lass on there she only 21. try tesco value insurance

I don't think its too bad really, im sure yours will be the same in 2 years, it doesnt seem to come down much untill you get to 25 really. Thanks mate but i tried them, they werent too bad but not as good as the renewal plus the value insurance misses a few things off to make it cheaper (compared to the regular tesco one)

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, gonna check em out now, you've passed the 25 mark though so that helps

^^^Yeah, best trying to get quotes that aren't returned in the Confused & GoCompares...........also try Privelide and any of the others who promise to beat your renewal.

Also try Adrian Flux as I got a good quote from them when I spoke to them at FCS.

My g/f's 17 year old brother got an awesome deal with LV so give them a try too!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
^^^Yeah, best trying to get quotes that aren't returned in the Confused & GoCompares...........also try Privelide and any of the others who promise to beat your renewal.

Also try Adrian Flux as I got a good quote from them when I spoke to them at FCS.

My g/f's 17 year old brother got an awesome deal with LV so give them a try too!

Cheers mate, who are "LV"?

Ive submited a quote with adrian flux, should hear back tomorrow. Direct line were £658 so no better than churchill

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Im 25, 4yrs NCB, 3 points live in a quiet area and just had a renewal price of £380 with elephant.

Thats on a 182 Cup

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Right i finally got it all sorted. I found out that my recent house move had put my renewal up by £100 to over £700!

After a lot of looking i found 2 good ones, one with greenlight (very good for cars with mods) and one with adrian flux. The later being slightly better

Final price was £588 - Definatly woth shopping round!

Cheers to everyone for the info/advice :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I received all the paperwork through the post this morning and Adrian flux hadn't added my girlfriend to the policy. I called them up and they wanted over £1000 to add her! (£400 extra!) She's 28, no accidents or points but they said it was because she works in a licenced hotel!

After this i decided to go with the greenlight quote of around £650, still quite pleased with that as all mods are covered with these and the excess will be lower :)

EDC 220 Trophy
Reading up on some of these insurence quotes. To be honest fellas at the age of under 25 trying to get on policy for a 172 or 182 is going to cost you a far wack no matter how many years no claims you have. I had to wait a few years before my insurance came down before I would be considered for a clio sport. I pay £330 a year with 7 years NCB and live in a not so rosey area of leeds

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I received all the paperwork through the post this morning and Adrian flux hadn't added my girlfriend to the policy. I called them up and they wanted over £1000 to add her! (£400 extra!) She's 28, no accidents or points but they said it was because she works in a licenced hotel!

After this i decided to go with the greenlight quote of around £650, still quite pleased with that as all mods are covered with these and the excess will be lower :)

^^^^This doesn't surprise me. I asked about adding my g/f onto my 106 GTi when I had it a couple of years ago and they wanted about £600 for the privelidge. I told them not to bother and moved my insurance when renewal time came.

Reading some of these quotes, im really wondering if my quote is to good to believe!

21yo, 3yrs NCB = £599 (for an 05 clio 182FF)

I first entered my details to those crappy comparison sites, and I was getting about £1000-1100. But i tried direct line, and viola!!

172 Monaco
How do you get it so cheep? - I'm not calling you a liar but i find that hard to belive!

Do you live next to buckingham palace or sumthing? :)

No i live in devon, 3 years no claims, Private drive way with garaged car, private car park for work. Churchill says = oh yes..560ish