ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ff very low fuel mpg.....

clio 182
... i have been through and read alot of other threads through the search box... but tbh still unsure it has no faults within the system and mpg has gone down from around 40mpg on the motorways to around 24mpg no matter where iam driving.... i understand that lambda sensors are problematic wich i will look into on monday .... but unsure on how a thermostat can hinder my fuel economics ( mine always sits bang on half way) its abit low on power most of the time and today i couldnt even keep up with a standard corsa vxr to any extent ( and i was trying ) i know they have more power etc but normaly can keep up quite well..
any help received is appreciated

cheers
arron

Lionel Richie
i see more failed coolant temp sensors than i do thermostats, but if the thermostat is fucked it will probably knacker the sensor as a result - in simple terms change both

if these break then the ecu thinks the engine is on cold start and dumps loads of fuel in = knackered MPG

clio 182
ah rite but mine seems to sit at about half way and does warm up quite quickly so i would assume that this would be ok ......?