ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ff tyres

So I need an mot and a couple of my tyres are on there way out...

every online tyre place I look at say the tyres on a 182 are 195/45/16, but I have 205/45/16 on mine already, is this as it's a ff with anthracite wheels?... I just wanted to check they are right be fire replacing like for like?

any recommendations on boots that won't break the bank?

182ff
So I need an mot and a couple of my tyres are on there way out...

every online tyre place I look at say the tyres on a 182 are 195/45/16, but I have 205/45/16 on mine already, is this as it's a ff with anthracite wheels?... I just wanted to check they are right be fire replacing like for like?

any recommendations on boots that won't break the bank?
205/45/16 is the correct size but you could fit 195/45/16 .
http://bit.ly/1cdIQCM

Basically you're spot on. Factory fit on all 182s was 205/45/16, standard fit on the Ph2 172 was 195/45/16. Everywhere seems to list the 182 incorrectly.

Lots of 182 owners just stick 195/45/16 tyres on because they're much cheaper and there's a better choice available. Only 10mm narrower so seem to fit fine without any noticeable loss of grip or anything like that.

There's a 9mm difference in rolling diameter which really isn't much. To put it into context going from new to worn tyres makes a bigger difference in rolling diameter.

Flavour of the month on the forum still seems to be Hankook V12 Evos & Uniroyal Rainsport 2 for great tyres at a reasonable price. Then the usual recommendations (Michelin Pilot Exalto, Goodyear Eagle F1 etc) if you want to spend £££ for the sake of it.

Quite a lot of personal preference in tyres. Nothing against Nasher but there are plenty of people who think those Toyos are rubbish.

182ff
Basically you're spot on. Factory fit on all 182s was 205/45/16, standard fit on the Ph2 172 was 195/45/16. Everywhere seems to list the 182 incorrectly.

Lots of 182 owners just stick 195/45/16 tyres on because they're much cheaper and there's a better choice available. Only 10mm narrower so seem to fit fine without any noticeable loss of grip or anything like that.

There's a 9mm difference in rolling diameter which really isn't much. To put it into context going from new to worn tyres makes a bigger difference in rolling diameter.

Flavour of the month on the forum still seems to be Hankook V12 Evos & Uniroyal Rainsport 2 for great tyres at a reasonable price. Then the usual recommendations (Michelin Pilot Exalto, Goodyear Eagle F1 etc) if you want to spend £££ for the sake of it.

Quite a lot of personal preference in tyres. Nothing against Nasher but there are plenty of people who think those Toyos are rubbish.
Just an idea of the price of mid range tyres really, I have not had Toyos on a car for many years so maybe they are crap.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Not quite true, the normal 182's also came with 195/45/16 tyres, it's only the cup packed cars/trophy that had the 205 variant.

Thanks guys.. I will ring around for the best prices on hankook, rs2 and toyo tomorrow... Think I'll stick with 205 as they are only 10-15 cheaper on the web prices.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Yes, the wheels are exactly the same size, but part of one of the packs being the anthracite wheels was also the 205 tyres.

V12 evos are a massivley cack tyre ime. Like driving on ice when wet.

Only advice i can give is don't scrimp on tyres, get the very best you can afford.