ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust question

tiTTy & SV650
OK so the 182 has a 4-2-1 manifold. would it be possible to have just a 4 - 2 and then two single seperate pipes to two single seperate tail pipes which from the back would look normal.

I only ask as, as far as I can think it'd be free-er (new word for Saturday night) flowing to have this than having a single pipe then split into two at the very end?

I'm no gas flow expert though, any thoughts?

:coffee:

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Don't mind the extra weight then.

best to speak to prospeed or H&S, IMO.

Could try and have a side exit. LOL

tiTTy & SV650
hardly extra weight really.

just seems sensible having 2 straight pipes (with silencers where req'd) as opposed to one pipe which has to be bent to mate with the 2 branches of the manifold.

I guess the cat would be the problem if you kept it, don't want 2 cats! lol

tiTTy & SV650
it's a hypothetical question, the whole point in custom exhausts is for better gas flow surely?

So, IF it's better, why is it pointless?

one for BenR or similar to answer.

it would take major work to get it straigh from the manifold without it merging into one pipe.
your biggest problem would be that you would have to get a custom built manifold and that'd have to be tested for flow etc but the main problem is the flange at the end of the manifold where it goes into one is used to help get the exhaust gases out your engine.it's called pulse tuning where as the gases leave one cylinder some of them hit this flange and go back up towards the cylinder in effect sucking out more gases(it's hard to explain as theirs a lot to it).
really it's not worth it as the gains from having two pipes as opposed to one well matched pipe would be small if any,its good to have it free flowing but you do still need some amoutn of back pressure

tiTTy & SV650
tidyclio said:
it would take major work to get it straigh from the manifold without it merging into one pipe.
your biggest problem would be that you would have to get a custom built manifold and that'd have to be tested for flow etc but the main problem is the flange at the end of the manifold where it goes into one is used to help get the exhaust gases out your engine.it's called pulse tuning where as the gases leave one cylinder some of them hit this flange and go back up towards the cylinder in effect sucking out more gases(it's hard to explain as theirs a lot to it).
really it's not worth it as the gains from having two pipes as opposed to one well matched pipe would be small if any,its good to have it free flowing but you do still need some amoutn of back pressure

ahhh ok I get you, I know that the back pressure in 2 strokes for example is used to return un-burnt fuel to the engine. cheers

Lionel Richie
na, just my strange sense of humor!

i get what you're saying, but an awesome manifold back system is unbeatable on a 182

MY04 Scooby STi
FredYozzasport said:
na, just my strange sense of humor!

i get what you're saying, but an awesome manifold back system is unbeatable on a 182

is that a sales pitch for your system lol

clio 200 F4Rt
did someone say... shed... and awesome manifold back system...????

clioBTBfullpic1.jpg

Lionel Richie
BBtunning's is good - very nice build quality too
shed's is nice (i don't like the pipe work where it splits, and the silencers are too big for my liking, but nice welding)
Angelworks - will be good, but i doubt we'll see it this century
Ours i know is good (and the loudest!)

funnily enough, they're all bespoke/made to order exhausts

Last edited:
  Audi A6 (S3 on order)
ah ok, loud is one thing, sounding good is another. The best sounding exhaust I have heard is on Bens valver (Jess) which is probably helped by the bike can it has at the rear.

The AWT one was held up by silly americans not dispatching a complete order, rest of the kit is on the way now though.
As soon as that arrives (this week I hope) we'll be going up to have the first one put together on my car.

It's been a while in the making, but I think it's going to be pretty damn good.

FredYozzasport said:
BBtunning's is good - very nice build quality too
shed's is nice (i don't like the pipe work where it splits, and the silencers are too big for my liking, but nice welding)
Angelworks - will be good, but i doubt we'll see it this century
Ours i know is good (and the loudest!)

funnily enough, they're all bespoke/made to order exhausts

i smell sabotage!!!!!!!!

With the cost of an orbisoud from K-tec, the AWT system isnt seeming that expensive anymore, especially since i dont rate the orbisoud road system at all.

In regards to splitting the manifold into 4-2 then 2 systems per say, no point, you wasting the efficiency gain you can have by correcty timing the scavending effects of pre-arranged firering order grouping.

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
FredYozzasport said:
Struggling to see whats not to like about this>>>
P1010026.jpg

The rear boxes are shorter and 5kg lighter than the std boxes ;)
P1010036.jpg

I've a custom made stainless system where the downpipe is modded & attatched to straight through + one box & twin 3.5"s at the rear. It retains both sensors & has a replaceable section for the cat to slot back in. Sounds fckin immense & good gains- that plus custom intake & mesh filter got me comfortably faster than my Megane 225 Trophy Co. Car, and loud enough to be threatened with divorce on any mway journey!! haha! If anyone wants to buy it on these grounds, I'm thinking of selling for a decent price.