ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust Knocking Noise

Clio GT 120 EDC
Hi.

My 182 twin exhaust has started to rattle the last couple of weeks, so i had a nose under the car last night and what i can discribe it as is a "X" shape rubber has given up due to old age....Just wondered what they are called as need to vist the parts dept and get both replaced as MoT is due next month.

Cheers

Dee

Arctic Blue 182ff
Mine has gone too, can you replace just the rubber or do you have to buy the whole mount with rubber built into it?

BMW E82 M Sport
Hi.

My 182 twin exhaust has started to rattle the last couple of weeks, so i had a nose under the car last night and what i can discribe it as is a "X" shape rubber has given up due to old age....Just wondered what they are called as need to vist the parts dept and get both replaced as MoT is due next month.

Cheers

Dee

Check your heat shield isn't causing the rattle either.

With regards to the new rear exhaust mounts that you need, i'd recommend filling them with tiger seal (apart from the centre part) before you put them on :)

182 cup
yeah I bought my replacements off ebay and they lasted about a month then sagged. I've used the powerflex fix on the forums here and its spot on

Clio GT 120 EDC
Cool thank you.....I took a picture of them as i didn't want to look at fool when trying to buy them lol.

Called Renault dealer and £20.53 + vat each......Thought the may of been more then that, but will have a nosie on ebay.

Cheers peeps

Dee