ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 emissions fail

mike86c

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all.
I took my brothers clio for an M.O.T and it failed on a broken spring and seized rear caliper, it passed emissions with ease. By the time a new caliper had turned up we had missed the free retest so had to book it in again ( sent the wrong caliper twice! ). I took it in today and this time it failed horrifically on emission. CO - 7.632, HC - 487.

The engine management light came on so they plugged it in and found an error code for the pre cat o2 sensor. They cleared the code and told me I was better of replacing it before retesting but on the way home the light never back on came back on.

What are your thoughts? Is it possible for the sensor to just die? Is there anything else that could be to fault?

The car has a K tech induction kit and stainless cat-back exhaust.

Thanks

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If the light came on for it I would get it replaced. £63 ish for a Bosch one from ECP.

Also if you want to cheap out, switch the post cat and pre cat lambda around and retest it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Mine failed horrifically when the Pre-cat lambda died, switched it out and passed just fine.

George@RTR parts can supply ones you need.

mike86c

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for replying so quickly. I have found a Bosch one for £49.95. Any idea why the light hasn't come back on? I would of thought if it was faulty it would of thrown a code again.

Teg
Doesn't the ECU have to recognise the same fault a certain number of times before it throws up a warning light? That's probably why it hasn't come back on straight away.