ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Driver's seat airbag deployed. How to go about putting in aftermarket seats now?

Clio 182
I've already read this thred: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/airbags-and-pretensioners-notes-faq-how-to-remove-airbags.109205/ but I feel it doesn't quite address my problem.
The rundown: I had a (relatively small) crash in my 182, spinning and hitting a curb side on, deploying the driver's seat airbag (but nothing else). My insurance company here in NZ has declared it a write off as they can't source any parts and thus put a ridiculous quote on the repair. I'm hoping to buy it back off the insurance company and fix it myself to turn it into a race car.
I want to put a set of aftermarket seats in (unsure what seats yet) but since the driver's seat airbag deployed, there airbag light and the STOP light are showing on the dash. How do I get these lights to turn off, once I have the new seats installed? Is it still a simple matter of putting a resistor on the wire like the other thread says? If I do this, will it turn off the airbag light AND the STOP light? Also, does having these lights on affect performance in any way? I know on honda's VTEC won't kick in with faults showing is this the same with the 182's VVT or should it run as normal? I know there are similar threads but I feel this is quite a specific situation! Any input is appreciated thanks :)

dan's cast offs.
you'll also need the crash data clearing from the airbag ecu or replace it with another one.

dan's cast offs.
i use an auto locksmiths local to me to do any i need, not sure who you'll have over there to do it?

Clio 182
i use an auto locksmiths local to me to do any i need, not sure who you'll have over there to do it?
Thanks, I'll call around tomorrow. Also does anyone know if the side airbag and seatbelt pretensioners always go off together, and if not what is the best way to check if they've gone off? I don't think they have and the seatbelt feels normal but best to be safe

dan's cast offs.
if the pre tensioner has fired then you will be able to see the buckle will of pulled down and will be noticeably shorted than the other one.