ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 depreciation..

Black/Gold 182
Anyone have any estimated values of 182s at the end of each year (i.e. 1 year old, 2 years old etc)?

I recently was offered only £7.2K trade in on mine (05 plate 19K miles) which I thought was shocking, esp as the same dealer had a non-cupped 05 plate on the forecourt at £10.9K!

It seems that 172s are still going for around £5K so I wonder how much further depreciation I can expect? TBH I'm a bit bored of the clio now but don't really want to lose a fortune on it (I paid £13.3K new)

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
04 182's can be picked up for £7k and 05's start around the £8k mark.

I think 182's lose about £1k a year.

Once they are 3 years old and out of warranty they take a hit.

After buying new, they lose about £2.5k, then about £750 a year until they are 3 years old, where that can increase to £1k £1.25k a year, until they get to 5 years (where 172's are now) and it seems they lose about £500 a year.

Black/Gold 182
Cheers - so I'm looking at about £5K after 5 years (that's when I would have to replace it for work anyway, as our company car policy requires that the car is < 5 years old)

I currently ower £6.5K on it still so at least I'm in credit I suppose ...

LY V6 with Recaros
It's quite scary how much I'm going to lose! It's annoying that dealers have 182 cups for sale which are still over 10k, but I wouldn't get offered anywhere near that for a ff!

You think that's bad, I bought a new Punto October 2005 for £9995 and traded it in Feb 2007 for £4250 lol. That's £359 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goliath I
I bought my 182 cup last November 05 reg for £11,500 with 1,250 miles on clock

How much do you think it would be worth this november, less than 10,000 miles on clock?

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
I sold my 05 reg Cup to a dealer in Feb for £8500 (and I got £120 road fund rebate). As I bought it in June 2005 for £10500, i was quite pleased that it only lost £2k in the two years I had it.

Steve

Black/Gold 182
I sold my 05 reg Cup to a dealer in Feb for £8500 (and I got £120 road fund rebate). As I bought it in June 2005 for £10500, i was quite pleased that it only lost £2k in the two years I had it.

Steve

Yeah I'd take that! Funnily enough I want the petrol estate version of what you have now

cock mobile.
You've already taken most of the hit already.

Your car is around 8 - 8.5k private sell.

It will steady off now, as said, 1k a year is a good guide.

I got offered 8250 for my May 2005 registered 182 Cup against an R27 a month or so ago - knocked the dealer down a bit on his car too. Think I'll wait until the 197 Cup arrives though. I think it would be hard parting with my 182 though, it's a great car.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't think thats a bad price if you asking for a trade in?

All you people moaning about losing a couple of grand in a year. I would lose just over £5k on mine if I was to trade it in now (12months and 3 days after collecting it!)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It always amazes me how people are shocked when they are offered 1000's less than they paid for their cars 1 or 2 years down the line . The fact is it's a tin box that costs money to run , repair etc ... Newer models come out which " can " affect the price of older models . If your gonna part ex always be prepapred to get your arse raped at the dealers . They will more often offer you silly money and try and sell it for as much as they can to make maximum profit obviously . Even the Trophy hasn't held its price as much as people thought it would . Cars are liabilties " not " investments .

R35 GTR
I was told that a 54 plate identical to mine (but standard) would get me 8.5k and that was from the manager at a dealers!

Black/Gold 182
I expected to lose lots, it was just they were offering £3.7K less than a lower spec car (same plate) they had on their forecourt. I expected a couple of grand different but not nearly £4K

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It always amazes me how people are shocked when they are offered 1000's less than they paid for their cars 1 or 2 years down the line . The fact is it's a tin box that costs money to run , repair etc ... Newer models come out which " can " affect the price of older models . If your gonna part ex always be prepapred to get your arse raped at the dealers . They will more often offer you silly money and try and sell it for as much as they can to make maximum profit obviously . Even the Trophy hasn't held its price as much as people thought it would . Cars are liabilties " not " investments .

So true.

I always laugh my ass off at "What a rip off. He's got them on the forecourt for £9.0k but only offered me £7.5k for mine!" type posts.

The only way to protect yourself from or minimise the effects of depreciation, is to keep your car for a very long time.

To most on here though, it seems "a very long time" is more than 12 months LOL

Breaking A 172 Replica
Some people in this thread seem to think that the market depreciation is just the divergence between the price paid at a dealers and the price offered by a dealer after x amount of time. Not so.

The dealer will sell for at least 10% more than what he bought it for and main dealers will want closer to 20%.

Sam

Breaking A 172 Replica

So true.

I always laugh my ass off at "What a rip off. He's got them on the forecourt for £9.0k but only offered me £7.5k for mine!" type posts.

The only way to protect yourself from or minimise the effects of depreciation, is to keep your car for a very long time.

To most on here though, it seems "a very long time" is more than 12 months LOL

Or to do some work/take a risk and buy and sell it privately.

Sam

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I expected to lose lots, it was just they were offering £3.7K less than a lower spec car (same plate) they had on their forecourt. I expected a couple of grand different but not nearly £4K

Like Sam says . Selling private is the only way you'll get anywhere near it's true market value . At the moment the market for 182's is a little bit stagnant as there seems an abundance of them for sale . Thats also another reason why a dealer will offer you well under market value as he knows he might have it on his forecourt for longer than he ideally would want to .

I was offered £4000 for my 51 plate 172 on a part ex but sold it for £5900 on autotrader . It can a bit more hassle as it left me without a car for a week . Thats what dealers rely on , people needing a car straight away rather than being inconvenienced and having no transport .