ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cut out, now won't start, fault codes in thread...

Trafic 140dci
Ok so took my car for a spin last night, got about 2 miles up the road when the engine just cut out on my car. I now have an engine light with stop flashing as per this video:

th_66BDAA33-F17A-42F3-91A9-A76306AE19A6-10348-0000154021856687.jpg

The ESP, SERV and ABS lights were on before as i need a new front ABS sensor anyway.

I also have the following fault codes on my RS Tuner:

- ECM - DF0236 - Ignition constant feed
- ECM - DF0009 - Actuator relay fault on activation

I'm pretty sure this is also a new fault but can't remember:

- ECM - Communication between CPU and safety CPU

Any idea's/suggestion's greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lewis

clio 182
sounds like a relay problem mate.try taking them out and cleaning the contacts.there in the fuse box under the engine bay next to the battery

Clio.
Sounds like a wire has gone green somewhere, as per the above post, more than likely in or near the under bonnet fuse and relay box. Is the cover fitted correctly?

Trafic 140dci
Thanks for the advise, i take it by gone green you mean corroded? Will give that a try tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
I would say personally, you've lost a feed to the ECU, due to a break in the wiring harness, usually the wiring or trunk around the transmission area leading to fuse box, very common fault.

Trafic 140dci
I would say personally, you've lost a feed to the ECU, due to a break in the wiring harness, usually the wiring or trunk around the transmission area leading to fuse box, very common fault.
I'm thinking this could be it, i cleaned all the terminals on all the relays, checked all the fuses and still no luck.

I then noticed whilst the ignition was on before trying to turn it over there was a noise coming from engine bay. Left the ignition on and had a poke about and turned out to be coming from the fuse box, i then wiggled it about abit and the noise got louder, sounds like a short to me? Also the 30amp green fuse shortly blew after this video. Any idea's where to look now to find the fault and rectify it? Make sure your volume is up for this video.

th_1F575CDB-27D4-4F71-A526-8E30FB132022-11009-000016E3274BAE6D.jpg

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
That noise is a relay trying to energize, thats usually the sound that the relay hasnt got enough current to keep it engaged, & is buzzing in & out of contact.
You will have to start pulling wiring harness trunks out to look for a break.....crappy job, but you will find it :)

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Hi, sorry for the delay in reply, start with the loom (bulk of wires) leading to the ECU, usually wire's break further down the loom.

Trafic 140dci
Took the loom off as i couldn't see anything obvious. Immediately i saw my pre cat Lambda sensor had melted to the exhaust manifold. I have now repaired that and am currently going over the rest of the loom to find a break as i can't see that being the cause of my problem? Surely that would just cause it to use a lot of fuel....

Clio Sport 172
I had this fault too. Under the passenger headlight renault loop the earth to the ecu relay it breaks in the loop i cut and rejoined mine and runs as good as new ;)