ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup

Williams 1

Hi there,

i am back on this forum after a year without a renault sport, for the last year i have had an elise but as soon as the 182 cup come out i sold the elise and now i am the proud owner of a racing blue 182 cup. This is my fourth renault i have owned a N reg Clio 16v, mk1 172, 182 and 182 cup. I would like to make a point that the 182 cup is nothing like a 182 but so many people on this forum think its basically a cheap 182!!!

I have owned both cars and the difference on track between a 182 and a cup is massive! at a recent track day my cup was faster through some corners than M3s, exige, EVO, 911s and so on. the only thing that lets the cup down in my eyes are its brakes!

Anyway thats my two pence worth and i am glad to be back in a Renault!

Nice to hear that. Im going from a Golf V6 4motion to a 182 cup. I pick it up next Monday. What is the main difference then to a standard 182 (performance wise)? I could of gone for a standard 182 but i didnt see the point. At the end of the day im not get 182 to be luxury, i want it to be a fun car to drive.

Williams 1

the biggest difference i noticed is how stable the cup is, my 182 felt a bit wobbly through high speed bends but the cup has so much grip! for the money i have never driven a car on a track like it. it also feels quicker than the 182 and alot lighter than the quoted 20kg! dont get me wrong the spec of a 182 is fanatsic and i do miss the nice things like xenon lights and better interior but you dont really notice the nice bits when you are full pelt round a corner!!!!

For the money the 182 and cup are a bargin and take the piss out of cars 3 times the price

Have fun with your cup!!

182cup

Some good feedback on this forum about a 182 cup cool:cool:. Glad you like it, would say have fun but it sounds like you already are (y)

Williams 1

true!

your cup will feel as light as paper compared to the Golf, you might think whats all the fuss about at first untill you get used to the handling etc.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by blink182cup on 10 May 2005

Im also glad to hear a bit of good said about it, iv ordered mine wiv recaros cant wait ;)
Cheeky bugger, i knew i should have copywritten the name