ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Spec

Seen many posts about dealers forgetting parts on new 182s.

I have just got delivery of a new 182 Cup (blue,stripes). It was missing the cup stickers, engine cover and the passenger underseat tray.

My dealer claims this is normal spec. for a "blue" cup. He says orange ones get the badges, the engine cover is ditched to save weight and the tray omission is a spec. change.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Thanks...

dk

911 GTS Cab

many people have not got cup badges and have had to get the dealer to order them and i doubt they will only come on inferno cars.

As has been said, the engine cover is not fitted to the cup.

Not sure about the under seat tray sorry.

Well mine is Inferno and I dont have the Cup badges. Your dealer is doing what most of them seem to do - talking b****cks.

Thanks for the help!

There was an inferno in the dealers. It had cup badges but I was not impressed. Instead of the nice raised "CUP" logo, they were silver stickers, looked really nasty. Another Rs spec change I suppose!

Thats the badge I expected too. If you look at the autocar review it shows a full blown "plastic" badge.

I suspect that there has been some cost-cutting since and the badge has been downgraded.

Looking at posts, I suppose anything is a bonus. It P*sses me off tho. You by a 182 cup cos you compromise all the goodies for performance, they could at least give you the badges to reflect this

182cup

Mine had the proper raised badges and so did the other racing blue cup that arrived at the dealers at the same time as mine (11 weeks ago), they dont come with the engine cover and i like it that way, also mine did not have the tray but did have one touch drivers window and a light in the boot, not on the spec sheet for the cup renaults version of swings & roundaouts

dk

911 GTS Cab

thats really bad if those are what theya re expecting you to put on your car, also I am surprised Jeremy doesnt know this is happening!

It cant be for the wrong country as the others call it the Team so not sure what is happening there?

182 cup spec PE2s anybody;)

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 28 April 2005
thats really bad if those are what theya re expecting you to put on your car, also I am surprised Jeremy doesnt know this is happening!

To his credit, Jeremy is helping me out with this problem, which he isnt at all obliged to do. But yes. it does seem strange, since no one really seems to know what is going on.

my cup has the engine cover, no stickers tho and no underseat tray. if i go to the dealership will they order them in + will i be charged for their mistake ??

renault clio 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by harv172 on 28 April 2005
my cup has the engine cover, no stickers tho and no underseat tray. if i go to the dealership will they order them in + will i be charged for their mistake ??

Does your 172 have leather seats,if so you do not have a 172 cup.