ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup+spacers questions.

182 Cup
Hi guys, I've been searching but not really found the answers to a couple questions i have, hopefully you can all help me.

I have a 182 cup and am looking to push the wheels out a bit, obviously looking at hubcentric but the questions i have are as follows;

1. Does anyone with a 182 cup have spacers on, if so what sizes and do you have pics you could upload.

2. Why does everyone that have spacers on whichever model go for thicker spacers on front and thinner on the rear.

Any help you can all offer will be much appreciated.

Thank you all
Simon.

182, 6r GTi
iv got 20mm spacers on my cup pack 182 front and rear

DSCF2924.jpg

DSCF2923.jpg

DSCF2922.jpg

steve

depending on how low you go they do rub

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Hiyer mate,

I have just bought a set of 15mm FK Hubcentric spacers for the rear of my cup, hopefully have some pics at the weekend. Not sure whether to go for 15mm for the front or go for 10mm instead.

Jay

182 Cup
Stephen, i have mine lowered on KTEC coilovers but not on a massive drop, i was thinking of 20mm on each wheel, that is what you have right? Do you have any pics of it from further away so i can see what it looks like. Also i dont want to massively compromise handling although the guys that race clios on here have big spacing and obviously have no problems.

Clio 182
Im also wondering about this. Mines is on eibach sportlines. 182 cup packed suspension. Are 20mm spacers all round too much?

182, 6r GTi
ill get some pics in the morning for you bud mines back to std hight atm, iv got some from further away lowerd with 2118s if ud like to see them?

182 Cup
Thats what i was thinking but i dont want to get shorter bolts and have 15mm, or fit studs, 20mm obviously fit in the arches.

182 Cup
Yeah think i can just make out the spacers in the first pic, and cant see past the model in the second one!!

182 Cup
First two pics didn't come up on my laptop, now I'm on my iPhone an they're all there, I meant the model in the last pic!! What is the handling like with 20mm all round?

182, 6r GTi
First two pics didn't come up on my laptop, now I'm on my iPhone an they're all there, I meant the model in the last pic!! What is the handling like with 20mm all round?

wasn't a huge amount diff just felt allot more stable at high speeds, with the 195 toyos i had it didnt rub much but with 205 tyres it did,

RB 182 Cup
I've got Clio Williams Speedlines that have a et37 or et38 offset. These therefore give me an extra 7-8mm per side of track width.

I'm sure I get tyre scrub when applying lock, not on the arches, but it feels the like the car is pushing the tyres slightly sideways against their rolling direction. Does increasing the track put the steering out causing the effect I've mentioned (possibly not too eloquently though!). I remember reading something somewhere about steering centre or similar. It has been aligned and was perfect.