ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Pack Tyres Again

Whilst at the dealer yersterday when they tried to tell me continentals were the correct tyre for my 182 etc, (see other thread). I asked for a brochure to show the service staff that my car with a cup pack has stiffened sidewall tyres, which they were telling me it didnt.

To my disappointment at the time, the brochure failed to metion this within the components listed under the cup suspension option.

However, I looked at the original brochure I had just now and it definately says "stiffened tyre sidewall" on page 28.

It has therefore been removed from the brochure. If they really are in the Cup pack, why have they been deleted?? - Jeremy??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Dude.

I just bought 2 exalto 2s from my-tyres for £156 inc del.

Then i get £20 back from michelin.

Use the green and red dot method mentioned in the faq.

(i bet you £20 you cant tell the difference between the two tyres on the road)

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 06 October 2004

Dude.

I just bought 2 exalto 2s from my-tyres for £156 inc del.

Then i get £20 back from michelin.

Use the green and red dot method mentioned in the faq.

(i bet you £20 you cant tell the difference between the two tyres on the road)

whats this £20 back from Michelin Tom? And is there only one tyre available from mytyres in the right size as I need some too!

Cheers

cheers Tom, I too am ordering them from mytyres, and I agree that you wont be able to tell the difference on the road. Renault wanted £98+vat when they eventually agreed which tyres should be on the car. I gave up before I confirmed which colour markings these would have.

The point of this thread is that

1. the dealer has no idea that even Michelins are standard

2. the brochure has been changed so in effect any tyres can be fitted to 182s with cup packs now as these "special" ones are no longer mentioned.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Mate tbh im past caring if its the stiff one or not. i need tyres!

i got 2 x 205\45 83v R16

Considered the w rated ones but after our test runs in belgium 149mph is plenty.

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 06 October 2004 at 12:27pm]

offer is here

http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/

I mailed them and they sent me a claim form in the post. all i have to do is send the receipt.

dk

911 GTS Cab

whats this £20 back from Michelin Tom?

doh, you edited it! Thanks Tom

[Edited by dave182 on 06 October 2004 at 12:28pm]

The Cup suspension pack (as optional on the 182 and standard on the Cup)still has stiifer sidewalls on the Exaltos. However, as Michelin and our french colleagues are currently unable to supply both types of tyre in after-market, the reference has been removed from the brochure.

Thanks for the reply Jeremy, bet this getting on your nerves now.

It could be worth shooting some of the service people at the dealers - save you a lot of time responding to 182 tyre queries.

I assume from that youre from Renault UK Jeremy?

Do you post here in an official or unofficial capacity? (or as fits :) )

Yaris Hybrid

"However, as Michelin and our french colleagues are currently unable to supply both types of tyre in after-market"

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 06 October 2004

"However, as Michelin and our french colleagues are currently unable to supply both types of tyre in after-market"
as in only one type and not both, which is the cup version

Full Fat 182 - Was..

If you go into renault and pick up the new RENAULT SPORT brochure on page 18 in the extras section it says stiffer sidewalls