ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup - Front springs help

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Broken near side spring on the front.

Renault want £110 each for genuine Cup springs. (!)
I had a search and saw that someone reckons they are about £45 each.

I'm not after lowering the front at all, so genuine or oem would be preferred.
What do you guys think?

Garage down town quoted me £110 to fit them both
Another garage in the village next to us said its only a £55 quid job.

Car is 9 yr old, and used everyday, but it'll be sold after winter so I don't want to spend a fortune on it, I've already had all the belts, dephaser and service done at Diamond Motors this year to keep her in top condition

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I got prices, £95 each from Renault Parts Direct. Part No: 8200342860
Same from Renault Wolverhampton and my local stealer was £105 ea.
Cheapo ones from GSF and ECP I'm not interested in.

I have ended up getting a full set of Cooksports to be fitted tomorrow.
Approx 20mm drop expected, so will see how handling and ride is affected/improved/compromised.

Been quoted around £100 to fit them, can't be too choosy, as I don't want to do the myself, and can't drive the car far, so local garage is my answer

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm just sorry I can't get them fitted for you James. It's a lovely example of an RB to so be sure to put it up forsale on here to as I'm sure someone would take it off your hands.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Your advice was greatly appreciated Mick.
I'm sorry its not economically viable to stick the car on a pick up to get it to you.
I'm quite looking forward to getting the Cooksports now to be honest, and my mate around the corner (who was fixing the plumbing in the bathroom this morning) phoned his mate who has his own bike garage and he's fitting the springs for me.
He's happy that its a straightforward job, so fingers crossed all goes well.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I'm just sorry I can't get them fitted for you James. It's a lovely example of an RB to so be sure to put it up forsale on here to as I'm sure someone would take it off your hands.

Cheers Mick
I think the mrs is looking forward to the new springs all round now. Reckons she may keep it a bit longer having invested a bit more in it.
Will have to get tracking done, but that may give a bit better response from the rainsport 2's.
Maybe time to get those damned rear exhaust mounts changed too (I've still not done them haha !!)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hehehe - mines turned in to a money pit, mainly on account of me being a perfectionist.

The Cooksports will made it ride so much nicer than the standard Cup units (which are too crashy for me personally).

Reactions: JMR

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Cooksports have lowered the rear significantly, it rides better. (-20mm)
Quite like it, and I'm not much of a modder or into lowering springs, even the mrs likes it
IMG_3319.gif

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Brilliant service from Josh to get the Cooksports to me following day, morning delivery for me to get them fitted ASAP.
Nicely boxed
IMG_3313.gif

Front spring
IMG_3316.gif

Rear spring
IMG_3315.gif

ClioMK1, Clio 182
Hello mate,
Would you recommend the cooksport springs over the cups then? i am just thinking for down the line when mine eventually get worn and old haha

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Hello mate,
Would you recommend the cooksport springs over the cups then? i am just thinking for down the line when mine eventually get worn and old haha
Yes mate, I would recommend them. For the price, I can't see why anyone would buy the expensive renault ones, other than keeping dead standard.
I didn't want aftermarket springs, but I'm please I did.
Handling is improved, feels more planted to the road, not by much, but I expect compared to having a broken spring it would handle better.

Will look good on yours mate.