ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Exhaust Upgrade

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
Hi,

Still relatively new here, wondering if I could get some advise - I have dug through the forum on this and can't find anything that recent.

Looking to get an upgraded Cat back system for my 182 Cup - my current one does not give me the sound I want and does not fill the bumper properly.

I have looked at a few options on K-Tec's website and I am ultimately looking at the Milltek or the KTR-Janspeed offering. I want something that will sound good, but not be deafening as I do a lot of motorway driving. Ideally, I would like it not to kill the torque curve too much either.

I did notice a previous thread from 18 months ago with many people recommending the yozza unit, but I can't find anything on tinternet anywhere!

What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Damo

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Really you cant find nothing by searching?! :dapprove:

Fred (trader on here) is who you want in reguards to the yozza system

Ktec obviously sell there exhausts aswell as the miltek, but from reading on here the militek will crack at the welds. don't hold me to it

Scorpion rs192 is popular with it being not much louder than the oem exhaust and fits the bumper cut outs nicely, but fitment is a pig!

I have a piper cat back on mine, dream to fit and again not much louder than standard.

Everyone has different requirement/tastes.

:)

Been covered so many times, no idea how you can't find anything.

I've got a Milltek. It's meant to be on of the quietest systems out there when pottering along. But it does sound lovely when giving it the beans. I'm really happy with mine and if you buy it new you get a lifetime warranty on it.

Another system which I think sounds lovely and looks extremely well made is the new style BTM Yozza system. If that was around when I was searching I would have had a tougher decision.

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
I must not have gone back fast enough - trying to scan the forum with boss walking behind me isn't all that easy!

Milltek is the one I was always looking at as it's the name you hear most.

Thanks for your help and I'll try and do a better job of looking next time!

As mentioned, there were a few occasions of Millteks cracking at the welds. Just something to bear in mind.

I spoke to Milltek directly about it and the ensured me it must have just been a bad original batch.

You get a lifetime warranty if there's ever any problems though, so you wouldn't be out of pocket if it ever did happen.

Have a look into the new BTM system too though. Maybe search for videos of the different systems you're looking at on YouTube, that's what I did.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The janspeed is a lovely exhaust, if you get the one with the centre silencer it's pretty quiet but has a really nice tone to it.

If I wanted a nice quiet system I'd be tempted by that. If I wanted a louder system I really like the old Yozza or the KTEC ultra performance system, both sound really nice but a bit louder than the janspeed..