ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup, Cat crack

Clio 182 cup
My 2005 182 Cup's cat cracked, just next to the join with the rest of the system. Sounded like a little blow from the join. Nice dealer........

PARK'S
CORSEHILL MOUNT ROAD
DREGHORN

.....replaced it under warranty as "there was no sign of impact damage"

But they managed to kill the sensor during replacement of the cat, it was also replaced after Dealer telling me there was no sensor on the cat.:S

My question is, the cat now fitted is not the same type they took off?
Was the cat modded on later models? I got my 182cup Mar 2005.

Clio 182 cup
My 2005 182 Cup's cat cracked, just next to the join with the rest of the system. Sounded like a little blow from the join. Nice dealer........

PARK'S
CORSEHILL MOUNT ROAD
DREGHORN

.....replaced it under warranty as "there was no sign of impact damage"

But they managed to kill the sensor during replacement of the cat, it was also replaced after Dealer telling me there was no sensor on the cat.:S

My question is, the cat now fitted is not the same type they took off?
Was the cat modded on later models? I got my 182cup Mar 2005.

it has to be the same type i guess....look underneath and see if you can see any cables on the cat...if there is, you have a sensor and the dealer lied...

Clio 182 cup
I know there is a sensor on the cat , was just showing how dealers think they can tell you any amout of bullsh*t.

Question still stands . Are there two diferent mod states of original cat out there for the 182?

Clio 182 cup
NEVER go through a flood in a 2.0 clio.
Know a 172 that hoovered up a flood, has rebuit his engine, now lookin for a new engine.

Clio 182 cup
CAF in the lower grill LOL?[/quote]

He had the bonnet up on his flooded 172 .i was lookin at his air box saying how it was different from my 182. Then he showed me where his air intake started ........the penny dropped, he looked like he was going to cry.