ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 clutch release arm mod?

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
has anyone tried extending the clutch release arm to make the clutch easier to press.

i took the airbox off and checked the cable and greased but its still stiff and creeks. i know people have said to install a longer clutch release arm but obviously u need all the gearbox off.

but cant somethink be made up to slip over the standard one to extend the length, which will extend the arm which i think will make the clutch lighter?

any technical advice or opinions welcome.

fire away....

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
ha ha

im not that bothered about it, but its gf car and she uses it most of time. just wanted to make it a bit more user friendly for her

Lionel Richie
thats the longest arm there is

replace the cable, plus if you extend it you'll aler the bite point and feel

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
thanks for the advice.

if i disconnect the cable from the arm if feels normal and free moving.

but its the clutch arm the creeks and stiff of course. should it creek?

also when pulling off from when the car has been stood a while, i can feel a click, its as though something is stuck then it releases.

is this normal

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ yes, sounds like the brakes sticking slightly i would say after being stood, the clutch you just have to get used to!

Lots of Alfas
As said above the 172/182 already has the longer arm. If its creaking/really stiff get a new cable from Renault. Renault have improved them over the standard ones. The clutches arent that stiff (if youve ever driven a russian army jeep).

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
could be the brakes.

when i reverse out my drive though it doesnt happen till i start moving forward. ???

my clutch cable haswhat looks like a weight at the end of it near the arm if that narrows it down? is that the improved one? how have they improved it.

when i pull the cable from the arm end, it doesnt creak or anything,. it seems to be the arm itself

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Yeah the one with the weight on is the new design.

I had creeking and hard clutch, changed cable and now its lovely :D

PH1 172 Sport
Creeking can be caused by the plastic ball that the clutch arm pivots on. Not allot you can do about it. I got a new cable and it solved nothing!!