ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Why would this be locked? for what reason? because some have had their say? yawn.

Clio 182
Well, after all the negative comments that I got in this thread I would never expect this to happen!

I was out late last night, parked outside a pub and when I came home I realized that the exhaust tips were not on the car! Some had stolen them ...

So either they liked them too much or they thought they were so bad that they should be off the car ;)

Well, the only thing I could do today is cut a piece of some old exhaust tips I had in the garage and bolt them on.

Here they are:

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just thinking, you've gone to all this bother on a standard exhaust, chances are it's going to rust to f**k and fall off anyway!

Well, after all the negative comments that I got in this thread I would never expect this to happen!

I was out late last night, parked outside a pub and when I came home I realized that the exhaust tips were not on the car! Some had stolen them ...

So either they liked them too much or they thought they were so bad that they should be off the car ;)

Well, the only thing I could do today is cut a piece of some old exhaust tips I had in the garage and bolt them on.

Here they are:

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

The comment above, how true is that ?
Someone stealing your exhaust tips outside the pub :rasp:

And lol at "the only thing I could do today is cut a piece of some old exhaust tips I had in the garage and bolt them on".

Is your garage full of exhaust tips ?? :approve:

I'm just thinking, you've gone to all this bother on a standard exhaust, chances are it's going to rust to f**k and fall off anyway!

+1

And you've gotta laugh at this thread...
23 Pages of somebody changing exhaust tips every few days and posting pics.
When all it needed was lined up properly and new rubbers :rasp:

Clio 182
Its a renault exhaust its going to rust to f**k and fall off no matter what he does.

That's true and I will change the back boxes as soon as they rust. The middle section was changed by the previous owner a few months ago..

This will keep me going until I replace the exhaust or the bumper.

Below are the 4 stages of the exhaust starting from OEM at the top up to how it looks now at the bottom as it is not easy to go through 23 pages while laughing :D

Allexhausttips.jpg

Hmmm, where were you last night between 9 and 12??? :evil:

:lolup::lolup:
And just thinking, who the f**k would steal exhaust tips ?

That's true and I will change the back boxes as soon as they rust. The middle section was changed by the previous owner a few months ago..

This will keep me going until I replace the exhaust or the bumper.

Below are the 4 stages of the exhaust starting from OEM at the top up to how it looks now at the bottom as it is not easy to go through 23 pages while laughing :D

Allexhausttips.jpg

f**king hell !!!

You have too much time on your hands.

The 3rd pic looks the ok if only they were a bit bigger in diameter.
And in the 4th pic (the latest) are you trying to copy a 197 ?

Clio 182
:lolup::lolup:
And just thinking, who the f**k would steal exhaust tips ?

I actually have a pretty good idea who might have done it. There is a bunch of teenagers in that area that usually messes up with other peoples' cars. The problem is that there is not much I can do except make these difficult to remove (I used a bolt that is not removable by a regular screwdriver this time, and anyway I do not think that these tips will tickle their fancy, too simple looking).

And in the 4th pic (the latest) are you trying to copy a 197 ?

Do not really think, unfortunately, that they look like the tips on the 197. I wish :dapprove:

Golf GT TDI
lol this thread is piss your pants funny.

just buy a 172. them exhaust tips look gayer than george michael at a c**k party.

Tangoed Works
looks much better now! i think someone off cs must have found out where the car is and done you a favour.

its almost there

Clio 182
looks much better now! i think someone off cs must have found out where the car is and done you a favour.

I wouldn't put it past them ... :rolleyes:

Seriously, things have been gone off cars in the area many times during the last few months, the tips are not the strangest thing that was stolen from cars: antennas, wheel trims, even badges have gone missing.

I changed the way the car looks 6 times in the thread, do not need to say that someone stole the tips to change it again ;)

LY 182
better... just need to sit them higher and get rid of them dodgey looking black things on the bumper

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
LOL whats with the bump strips?!! Its not a bloody shopping trolley!!!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
24 pages and 473 replies later, its looking pretty much the same as it did from post one, with the addition of some rather tasty bump strips, nicely done!

Well wasn't that a big waste of time considering you've now ended up with what is basically the standard exhaust adjusted to sit better, which you should have done in the first place?

Although you have entertained us so thank you ;)

Better or worse?

81mmexhaust2.gif

Wtf !!!!
You have too much time on your hands mate.
Changing your exhaust tips every few days. :(

Exhaust Rubbers is all thats needed now ;)

And no doubt that will be another 10 or so pages when thay get fitted :rasp:

P.s Loose the black bump strip things ;)

120d M Sport
Lose those feckin liquorice strips! If a family member backs into something believe it or not theyre not gonna save your bumper ;)

Black Gold Trophy
how much are these exhaust tips? I can't see them being cheap at a local halfords and after buying 4 pairs of them it must work out roughly the same to get a second hand stainless exhaust?

It definitely looks better, just needs to loose the gay black bumper things and needs some new mounts to raise it up.

Clio 182
For the 10th time, exhaust mounts are brand new.

The tips I got for free from a good friend that changed exhaust on an Accord type-R so he did not need them any more so I figured that it did not do any harm to try them on. Still do not like that they are so big but they look better than the originals. Compare picture below.

Slide1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.