ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Brake Pads/Disks

This one ^ (someday)
After driving the Scirocco R a lot (which has great brakes), the ones in the clio and feeling pretty shoddy and as the front brake pads were said to be nearing replacement time on the recent MOT i figured it's time i asked the inevitable question/s.

Recommend me a set of decent pads for road use?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/search_results.asp - i went to the obvious website and had a look and there seems like a few good options.

I've got some questions as well:

Am I better off just replacing the brake pads all round in one go or shall I just do the front now and wait until the rears need replacing?

How much improved performance would I get through upgrading the disks, if i were to just replace the front disks would i see any reasonable improvement for the cost?

Treat me as a novice please

Cheers,

Tim

This one ^ (someday)
So stick with the current OEM discs and upgrade the brake pads all round and get a fluid change.

And in G172s post he refers to them as OEM brembo pads?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Decent discs off George g172 for the front with a decent pad, ferodos ds2500 or similar. I've just ordered some carbone loraine pads and standard discs but they will be for track. What you using the car for?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Decent discs off George g172 for the front with a decent pad, ferodos ds2500 or similar. I've just ordered some carbone loraine pads and standard discs but they will be for track. What you using the car for?
oh and just get standard pads for the back.

This one ^ (someday)
The (limited) research i've done says DS2500s are more for track use and there is a version called DS that is for road use?

So i shouldn't upgrade from OEM the rear pads? surely thats a bit strange

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've used the ds2500 all year round mate, their fine. The rears don't get used much hence the no need for fancy pads. And the only reason I chose the carbone loraines is that they are supposed to be better on track, time will tell.

This one ^ (someday)
Ok thanks for your help!

So to summarise you think I should change the front pads to Ferodo DS2500, replace the rear ones with OEM pads and get a brake fluid change?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If the rear pads need changing then yes. It really depends what you want to spend mate, the ferodos last forever. A brake fluid change is allways worth while dude.

This one ^ (someday)
Ok i think what i'll do is get a set of the ferodos for the front and get a brake fluid change, i'll have a look at the rear pads and see if they're nearing replacement and may even get a set of ferodos for the rear as well.

Thanks for your help

As said. I wouldn't change anything on the rear unless they need changing.

Brembo HC discs are only about 50 quid from George. So I would just get a set of them and some OEM pads. Or go Ferrodo if you want extra bite but it's not really needed for road use.