ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 aux belt ?

Hello. Can anyone tell me where is best to get a new aux belt for my 182. I'm about to change the alternator so may as well do the belt at the same time. Their are full aux kits on eBay for around 70 quid I didn't know if I'm better off getting the kit. It's not been renewed that long ago but while its in bits May as well do what's needed.
Thanks for any advice
jay

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Deffo replace the kit, get it from renault for around £50.
Give adam @ Wolverhampton renault a call.

Yea was planning in changing the belt but as its done hardly any miles may be a bit extreme to do the whole lot but if its only 50 quid ill do that.

Cool thanks for that I've posted in his section so hopefully he gets back to me in the morning so I can order. Unless someone has a contact number I can get him on for the morning
thanks
​jay

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You can also email him:
adam.greenhouse@renault.co.uk

During working hours he normally responds very quickly, I find it handy if I cant talk on the phone cause im with a client or whatever.

Have you done one before?
Its quiet fiddly the first couple of times you do it, well worth making sure you have an E12 spanner IMHO as you will struggle to get a socket in there.

Horrible weather for working on cars at the moment, me and the mrs changed hers yesterday but left it till late evening when it was cooler. lol

Thanks for the advice I forgot to update yesterday I've ordered all the bits from Adam so will finish it off during the week once the bits turn up. I've not done a belt on the Clio before but its all in bits now and seems pretty straight forward.
I was hoping that Clio ownership was going to mean a lot less fixing being a newer car .
Had less problems with my old Cossie in over ten years than I've had with this. Although now I've replaced most of the common problem parts I may start using it one day. The Cossie loved being parked up for months wher the Clio don't seem so happy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Belts on a cossie are certainly a piece of cake compared to on a clio, but neither is rocket science :)