ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Alarm / Central Locking .... What does the beep mean?

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hello!

Sometime when I lock my clio with my key fob the car locks and sometimes beeps twice. Then sometimes when I lock it it does not beep twice.

Does anyone know what the beep means?

Thanks!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's French. Something to do with it detecting movement as you have locked and shut door. Same happens when you open door too quick whilst unlocking. The alarm goes off then everyone looks at you.
:)

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Oh right. Thanks :) Haha I did that once at shell! I unlocked it as I was coming back to it and opened it too quickly and the alarm went off! Very embarrassing!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If its three times...it means you've turned the ultrasonics off. It is normally done by turning key to position 2 then back to 0 then to 2 and to zero again and getting out and locking straight after. It means that the alarm is activated if a door is opened...just not if a window is smashed and someone reaches in.