ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 aircon problem..

hello all..
i had my aircon recharged quite a few months ago and worked fine and havent really used the car since. i found a few weeks ago that the heater resistor pack had given up so i got a new transistor and fitted it all back in and all the controlls now work on the pannel.
i fired the car up today and let it warm up and tried the heater but couldnt hear the aircon kicking in and the clutch on the pump not spinning.
it has also lost all the pressure in the pipes too but im sure it should still kick in the pump when switched.
does anyone have any advice on this and also any usual spots where these leak from...
thanks in advance..
jay

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
If the A/C was re gassed, they should of injected uv dye into the system, this will indicate where the leak is.

you'd hope they would but some people dont.

Gibbo4k, the compressor wont run if the pressure switch in the system wont switch becasue there's no gas in it. You've got a leak somewhere :(

Ok thanks for the help ill have to investigate. Before I had it re gassed the system was already empty just after I got the car but couldn't spot any obvious leaks but although empty the pump used to kick in that's why I thought it must be a different fault but ill find the leak and get it re gassed and go from their
thanks
jay

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Ok thanks for the help ill have to investigate. Before I had it re gassed the system was already empty just after I got the car but couldn't spot any obvious leaks but although empty the pump used to kick in that's why I thought it must be a different fault but ill find the leak and get it re gassed and go from their
thanks
jay

If the pump used to kick in.... it had just enough gas pressure in it to be able to start. But the aircon wont have been cold on a nice warm day. pump wont run if its completley empty. Also you cant spot a leak.... you may hear a leak if its a major one & its just been gassed, but its invisible to the naked eye, unless you have the dye in the system, you are wearing a pair of yellow glasses and have a UV lamp to shine on all the connections :)

thanks for the help on this.. recharged it and found the leak where a pipe goes into the side of the aircon rad so drained it back out and will whip the bumper off to get to it when i get a chance.. hopefully just a rubber seal gone..
thanks again