ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 + 21 year old + Directline = £750

Renaultsport Mégane R26
Hi there all,

Just thought i'd let you know that I have been quoted £750 to insure a 182 when I turn 21 (in November) with 4 years NCB. Would thoroughly recommend giving Directline a call if your in the market for a 182 at a young age as I've tried loads of companies and this is the cheapest quote by miles!

Hope this helps,

Dave

jesus, the only reason im holding off getting a sport is insurance, wonder what i would get with 3 years no claims at 21, ill av to give em a bell, cheers for the tip

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Blimey that is cheap. I got my 182 when I was 20 and it cost me close to £2k.
Got a quote yesterday from Virgin and it was about £980ish fully comp with 3years NCB. I am 21 also :)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Wow, thats the same price i got quoted when i turned 21 last year !!!

21 4yrs NCD, clean license.

:) Tesco were also the same price.... they use same under writer.

R35 GTR
I would try greenlight as well mate, they were £500 cheaper than my renewal with directline, when i had 1 year no claims.

daverichmond1 said:
Hi there all,

Just thought i'd let you know that I have been quoted £750 to insure a 182 when I turn 21 (in November) with 4 years NCB.

Dave

thats 9 months away... things can change :)

You gettingone with cup packs? Direct Line won't insure them until you're over 25. (Not saying you have to declare them but something to be aware of).

ST
Spoonie said:
You getting one with cup packs? Direct Line won't insure them until you're over 25. (Not saying you have to declare them but something to be aware of).

Been done to death that, insuring cup packs! Its a factory fitted part end of story!

They're only gonna bother if you say you have a 182 cup i.e no xenons, no leather interior, when you really have a 182 sport or a trophy for that matter!

D

danny morrad

im 22 with 3 yrs ncb and adrian flux just quoted me £1295 FC.was getting quotes for 3500 from some insurance companies where on earth to they get their quotes from?

just to let you guys know i have just re insured my car (well jan1st) 172 sport and im 21 with 4yrs ncb. This was £800 protected no claims or £675 unprotected and this was with priviledge. really top price after searching long and hard

its my renewal time and got a letter from "arm-hold" clarke saying it would cost 1400 to renew!

Rang em to laugh angrily down the phone and they pulled out a quote of 780.

Put this in perspective... 34 years old, 3 points, 3 yrs NCB in a good area.

Utter barstards

M140i/Orange 182
fUbAr said:
thats 9 months away... things can change :)

yes things can change! more uninsured drivers with no licences on the road..bumping up everyone under 21 premiums...although gotta say thats a a good quote.

A Beautiful R32
Mine was £670 with Elephant... I'm 28 with 4 years protected and I declared the 'cup' options... which they and every other insurer put down as modifications. I did laugh when he said how much does the cup suspension lower it by? Err 4mm mate... lol Not a big fan of that declaring the cup options as mods cos they're not, they're dealer fitted options, money grabbing b******s. BUT, if you don't and have a big crash, the insurers can use it as an excuse not to pay out... so do it!