ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

180,000-mile clio just passed her MOT.

Clio 197

I seriously cant believe it.

Yesterday, she wouldnt haved passed an MOT in Calcutta... and now (thanks to some good work by ClarkieV6) shes still going (nine years on)!!

Is this a renault record?

96 N 1.2 Versailles.

Glad to hear Im not the only one to pass way through the 100k barrier.

My first Clio (96 N 1.2 RN if I remember correctly) had 70k on it when I got it as my first car on my 18th Birthday in 2000. I took it well well beyond 100k in the 3 years I owned it and literally never had any remotely major problems with it. It came with a massive folder of service history including receipts for fixes to minor prangs, tyre changes etc and nothing serious was ever evident. I had a minor oil leak just after 100k but it was £60 to get fixed, had 2 fairly bad crashes (both non-fault and repaired on other drivers insurance), had my windows smashed etc but it sailed through the MOTs I had and never once had any trouble starting it or anything like that.

The thing was absolutely immaculate when I pxed it in 2003, original upholstery still mint, lovely bodywork (although most panels had been replaced/repaired at one stage or another due to the accidents!), I still see it out on the road so Im sure it must be pushing 150k+

[Edited by ukaskew on 12 May 2005 at 10:22pm]

silver valver/hybrid

despite their bad rep the ol renaults seem to last a while! i never saw many old fords go past the 100k mark they didnt even have the 7th digit on the milometer. highest ive seen is a saab on 400k +

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Heh nice :)

Wish Id taken a camera when Clarkie did mine this week, looked smart parked up next to the V6 :)

172 cup'd extreme

my mate at work has a k reg thats done 230k and just passed mot he paid £150 for it ill get a pic of the clocks

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

thats pretty impressive Oms.....makes me have a little more faith the way im racking the miles up :D

There was a VW Golf, on ebay a few months ago that had done a stupid amount of miles. Car was only a few years old.

Trying to find the link...

Clio 197

^^

Lol - but that wasnt on the original engine...

Still, Im very proud of my old heap... If she fails next MOT, shell be on the plymouth-dakkar rally.

Clio RS 172 Ph2

My Willy 1 (303) had done 190,000 when I sold her in 2001... she was for sale in autotrader recently, tried to phone the owner to find out how many shes on now, but couldnt get through.

IIRC, she passed her last MOT under my ownership 1st time, and was still on her original engine! The clutch only gave out at 180,000!

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Evoo on 12 May 2005

Heh nice :)

Wish Id taken a camera when Clarkie did mine this week, looked smart parked up next to the V6 :)

ill send you a pic if you want chris... you can photoshop yours next to it...

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 13 May 2005
<!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->^^Lol - but that wasnt on the original engine...Still, Im very proud of my old heap... If she fails next MOT, shell be on the plymouth-dakkar rally.

True, the link says it did 326k on the original engine though - and you can bet it didnt have an easy 326k miles ;)

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 13 May 2005

1.4 energy....yep probably the best small engine around...:D
Exs 19 had this engine and we sold it on at 175k while it was still sweet as a nut. :cool:

Of course, blokey turns up 2 months later going on about the head gasket going... [rolls eyes]

LY182/NHB CTR

my dads old Renault 11 Turbo F reg is still going strong been on track days and is used everyday by new owner.. miles on the clock god only knows probably been around the clock by now..

although i must admit the MOT tester does have thick glasses !!!!