ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172cup stereo problem

172 cup
Having a problem atm with the stereo not turning on or off with the ignition! It works only if I press the on button and after ten mins or so it will turn off? Has anyone experienced this before and can point me in right direction to fix it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really wouldn't be dicking about with it steve it's not worth the aggro. If you can, try another stereo from another cup (local member?) and if it works, buy one for £15+postage on ebay.

If you're passing through bristol any time soon I have one you can try.

Westfield, 182, 200
There's usually two +12v feeds, one is permanent so you can listen to the cd unit with no key inserted-it then switches the radio off after 10 mins to save the car battery. There's also a 12v ignition feed to fire the cd unit up automatically when you start the car-sounds like this one isn't working correctly.

I'd pull the cd out and put a multimeter on the wire to see if you get 12v when the ignition is on, or like Daniel says try another unit-if it has the same fault you deffo know the wiring is the problem!