ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 will not start

Hi as I new owner of a Clio sport I thought I'd join the forums.
Was driving the car today and it just cut out randomly then would not start what so ever :( a orange light came on the dash when it done this not I'm thinking it's the coil pack light? Anyway took a plug out and no spark so got new plugs for it still the same.
So I bought a second hand coil pack until my new 1 arrives and the car still will not start no spark I also noticed there is no smell of fuel.
Could this be a crank sensor ? Or does the old fault need to be cleard before the car will start again ? Would appreciate it if sumonw could help me

Yes was done on 66 and the car is now on 78.
It done this before but it started back up this time nothing.
The light that came on looks like a electric fault light it would make sense as I'm getting no spark or no smell of fuel was told this could be a crank sensor as this is what happens when they fail what do you think? Changed the coil pack thinking it was that does the ecu need to be reset after a cOde is on there ? And thanks alot for the reply.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It could also be the main control relay... seen a few of these give up also. In truth you're not going to know exactly what it is without plugging it in to see if the ECM is seeing rotation when you crank it or not.

Mick

i changed the crank sensor today the light is still on and still will not start il try get it plugged in today, the main control relay where is that 2 thanks

its not the belt checked teh timing marks today they are fine tensioner is also good to, when i turn the ignition on i strange noise comes from the engine bay like something is sticking ?