ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs BMW @ Combe today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must add actually, that whilst I met 1 **** end in a BMW, I did meet 2 people who more than made up for it. I approached 2 people who had a flat bed who weren't far from the OPD stand, and asked if they were heading in my direction. infortunatly they weren't however, They very kindly offered to take the car as far as avonmouth and store it there for me until I was able to collect it today. So without them, I'd have been stuck with a car at combe that I couldnt collect by the time they needed. So If By anychance anyone knows the 2 people who were there with a Driveforce UK Truck, that was who helped me. Didnt even want anything for storage of it in their businesses yard. I did Drop them a case of lager as a token of my appreciation. Just shows that the car culture can bring people together, admittedly, I experinced both meanings of coming together in 1 day.

Its nice to actually hear this!

Amazing how people can pull together when needed ! And fair play to you for the beer to many people would have just said thanks and on there way!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Gutted about this. It's a shame when days like this get ruined by idiots.

Hopefully it hasn't put you off though :)

Its nice to actually hear this!

Amazing how people can pull together when needed ! And fair play to you for the beer to many people would have just said thanks and on there way!

I Had initially asked when we were loading it onto his truck how much he wanted for it, he just said nothing, just get it collected this week. But I can't just take stuff like that, he helped me out greatly, so as he wouldnt accept money I had to give something

I Had initially asked when we were loading it onto his truck how much he wanted for it, he just said nothing, just get it collected this week. But I can't just take stuff like that, he helped me out greatly, so as he wouldnt accept money I had to give something

Good on you mate ! Shame to many people don't think like that ! Too many people will take the p1ss ! I always try help everyone out because one day you never know who will help you !

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That 'jobsworth' is a person who also lost a car. From what a lot of people reported it was nobodys fault in particular, and perhaps a lesson can be learnt about 'safe driving distances'? No point placing blame, everyone was there for the same reason and both parties have lost cars/money,

Oh dear.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
That 'jobsworth' is a person who also lost a car. From what a lot of people reported it was nobodys fault in particular, and perhaps a lesson can be learnt about 'safe driving distances'? No point placing blame, everyone was there for the same reason and both parties have lost cars/money,

Did you join up to just post that? Are you the BMW driver?

vauxhall frontera!!!
Saw this in the distance from the other side of the track.

What actually happened?

In an honest outsiders view, the Bmw lost the back end, (it happens to the best of them eh?) Dn (?) happened to be to close and have nowhere to go so slammed into the side of the bmw, both cars a write of (I guess) and probably some bruising and whiplash. Amazes me how men get on track and forget they still need to prepare for the worse and leave a decent gap......

vauxhall frontera!!!
Did you join up to just post that? Are you the BMW driver?
No, I'm not, I have tits not a dick, which seems just as well! It just seems very one sided argument, im sure anyone whos driven a rear wheel drive anything can understand how easy they can step out at that speed. and bumper to bumper pushing is not going to give the car behind anywhere to go when the car in front goes tits up

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
In an honest outsiders view, the Bmw lost the back end, (it happens to the best of them eh?) Dn (?) happened to be to close and have nowhere to go so slammed into the side of the bmw, both cars a write of (I guess) and probably some bruising and whiplash. Amazes me how men get on track and forget they still need to prepare for the worse and leave a decent gap......

From what I've read from a number of sources here.

Beemer lost back end, straightened up on the grass, booted it, lost the back end again, Dan had nowhere to go but into the BMW. Happens to the best of them... yeh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I was stood less than 20 metres from where it happened. If my memory serves me correctly, the BMW driver lost control and the BMW crashed into the clio and then the pair of them ended up in the tyre wall.

Now forgive me if you think i'm speaking out of turn, but that implies to me that the BMW driver was at fault.

Before you start going on about track day risks etc, yes I agree; Don't track your car if you can't afford to bin it. I live by that rule also and it's the reason I don't track my daily.

But I spoke to Dan (clio driver) shortly after the day and he informed me that the BMW driver not only failed to offer any sort of apology, but he even insisted it wasn't his fault. That's just bad manners tbh! At least have big enough b0ll0cks to own up to your mistakes! Dan wasn't expecting the BMW driver to pay for repairs or compensate him i'm sure, but a simple ''sorry mate'' goes a long way.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Lol. At joining CS to post that.

vauxhall frontera!!!
I was stood less than 20 metres from where it happened. If my memory serves me correctly, the BMW driver lost control and the BMW crashed into the clio and then the pair of them ended up in the tyre wall.

Now forgive me if you think i'm speaking out of turn, but that implies to me that the BMW driver was at fault.

Before you start going on about track day risks etc, yes I agree; Don't track your car if you can't afford to bin it. I live by that rule also and it's the reason I don't track my daily.

But I spoke to Dan (clio driver) shortly after the day and he informed me that the BMW driver not only failed to offer any sort of apology, but he even insisted it wasn't his fault. That's just bad manners tbh! At least have big enough b0ll0cks to own up to your mistakes! Dan wasn't expecting the BMW driver to pay for repairs or compensate him i'm sure, but a simple ''sorry mate'' goes a long way.

well, name calling isn't exaclty going to make anyone situation better is it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

well, name calling isn't exaclty going to make anyone situation better is it?

Where did I call anyone names?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
No, I'm not, I have tits not a dick, which seems just as well! It just seems very one sided argument, im sure anyone whos driven a rear wheel drive anything can understand how easy they can step out at that speed. and bumper to bumper pushing is not going to give the car behind anywhere to go when the car in front goes tits up

Are you his other half? Pic's required before we can pass judgement ;)

vauxhall frontera!!!
Where did I call anyone names?

Not you, but calling the bmw driver a '*** end', and 'breaking a car due to a jobsworth in a bmw' is a little low by anyones standards surely, both parties were hurt, both parties have lost their cars, and both are out of pocket because of a 30 second mistake.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not you, but calling the bmw driver a '*** end', and 'breaking a car due to a jobsworth in a bmw' is a little low by anyones standards surely, both parties were hurt, both parties have lost their cars, and both are out of pocket because of a 30 second mistake.

Almost as low as crashing into somebody and not having the minerals to hold your hand up and say sorry.

I've seen people get their faces smashed in for a lot less so maybe the BMW chap should be grateful that Dan is a super nice human being.

I'm going to leave this thread now as mud slinging isn't going to get Dans car back. But I just thought i'd offer my 2p's worth as I actually saw what happened and i'm not just jumping on a bandwagon.

Last edited:
  vauxhall frontera!!!
We don't mind photos of that !

And welcome now to the CS predators !

im not posting pics at all, And I dont think I'll be hanging round fr the predators. I'm all for being supportive of our own, but putting a definate blame on the bm (yes the t**t lost control and binned it) dan also was quite close, and in being so with nowhere to go was also in the wrong. I know of a road sit where the rear driver (dan in this case) was in the wrong for driving without due care and attention, I.E not leaving enough space for the unpredicatble car in front.

im not posting pics at all, And I dont think I'll be hanging round fr the predators. I'm all for being supportive of our own, but putting a definate blame on the bm (yes the tw*t lost control and binned it) dan also was quite close, and in being so with nowhere to go was also in the wrong. I know of a road sit where the rear driver (dan in this case) was in the wrong for driving without due care and attention, I.E not leaving enough space for the unpredicatble car in front.

Sorry let me clarify ! I was joking I do NOT under any circumstances want any photos ! I was joking ! Lol
Lol yes but on track surely the point is to over take which you aren't going to do from 4 miles away ?

And I can see where your trying to come from but IMO it seams you've lent towards protecting the BMW and not dan regardless of what anybody says so I shall not argue but wish you well on here !

My opinion stands that sh it happens and dan was bet unlucky on the day ! Can't expect him to be overly happy somebody crashed into him!

Mec 350 slk manual
im not posting pics at all, And I dont think I'll be hanging round fr the predators. I'm all for being supportive of our own, but putting a definate blame on the bm (yes the tw*t lost control and binned it) dan also was quite close, and in being so with nowhere to go was also in the wrong. I know of a road sit where the rear driver (dan in this case) was in the wrong for driving without due care and attention, I.E not leaving enough space for the unpredicatble car in front.
I don't know where you are coming from mate , but by the sounds of it you don't know anything about cars on a track .

vauxhall frontera!!!
Sorry let me clarify ! I was joking I do NOT under any circumstances want any photos ! I was joking ! Lol
Lol yes but on track surely the point is to over take which you aren't going to do from 4 miles away ?

And I can see where your trying to come from but IMO it seams you've lent towards protecting the BMW and not dan regardless of what anybody says so I shall not argue but wish you well on here !

My opinion stands that sh it happens and dan was bet unlucky on the day ! Can't expect him to be overly happy somebody crashed into him!

Im not leaning toards anyone, but from the point of view of someone watching with next to no car knowledge at all, I know you cant pass on track like a normal road, but being up the ass of a car isn't going to get you past it either, and dan was pretty close. I'm sorry dan and his girlfriend got hurt, and lost a car as well, but surely he wouldn't have hit the bm if he was sligtly further back/out to the side?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I don't know where you are coming from mate , but by the sounds of it you don't know anything about cars on a track .

I think the one with tits not a dick is correct to a certain degree. You don't drive up someone's arse on track. But the BMW driver cannot just rejoin the track, it isn't Toca, anything can happen.

vauxhall frontera!!!
I think the one with tits not a dick is correct to a certain degree. You don't drive up someone's arse on track. But the BMW driver cannot just rejoin the track, it isn't Toca, anything can happen.

from what i saw the bm wasn't trying to rejoin, the rear end stepped out and shoved the car out, as I've said before, it can happen to the best of us (not me, I dawdle and dont to track days as I can't afford to lose my car/have no balls)

Im not leaning toards anyone, but from the point of view of someone watching with next to no car knowledge at all, I know you cant pass on track like a normal road, but being up the ass of a car isn't going to get you past it either, and dan was pretty close. I'm sorry dan and his girlfriend got hurt, and lost a car as well, but surely he wouldn't have hit the bm if he was sligtly further back/out to the side?

No offence here but you summed it up perfect when you said you have next to no car knowledge!

People don't go to a track to wait behind people !

Its normally common courtesy to look behind you, if the person behind is quicker obviously most people move !

now obviously dan was driving quickly and so was the BMW but the BMW driver clearly isn't a very skilful driver and has lost it trying to stay In front of dan ( which fair enough he was trying to race that's not the issue )

But as the BMW has left the track he should NOT re enter the track until the track is clear , which it was not !

I have fairly limited track time but I have done a bit ! This is how it seams to me anyway

vauxhall frontera!!!
No offence here but you summed it up perfect when you said you have next to no car knowledge!

People don't go to a track to wait behind people !

Its normally common courtesy to look behind you, if the person behind is quicker obviously most people move !

now obviously dan was driving quickly and so was the BMW but the BMW driver clearly isn't a very skilful driver and has lost it trying to stay In front of dan ( which fair enough he was trying to race that's not the issue )

But as the BMW has left the track he should NOT re enter the track until the track is clear , which it was not !

I have fairly limited track time but I have done a bit ! This is how it seams to me anyway

the BMW spun out, how was that re joining?

Status
Not open for further replies.