ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 turbo questions..

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Hello, I am putting a turbo on my clio 172 and wonder if i should use
a higher torque when mounting the cylinderhead than the standard.
On a standard clio sport it's 20 Nm and then 164 degrees..

I live in sweden and the clio sport isn't that common over here..
And as far as i know noone have made a turbo convertion on a clio in sweden... so I hope someone in uk can help me out...

I'm planning to feed it about 1,5 bar.
wössner pistons and h rods are in place.

//best regards
Daniel Ohde

R35 GTR
Let me say 1.5 bar seems like alot. Mine is currently set at 13psi, good enough for around 300bhp. My conversion can be set at 1 bar for 320bhp, but is really reaching the limit of the engine.

I personally havent seen any 2.0 clio engines much higher than 300bhp.

Also, make sure you sort the fuelling out, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump.

1.5 bar thats serious boost how come you need so much that on a stock engine if you sort the pistons out etc will make serious Hp your looking at loads of parts and price.

Keep to the stock torques though I think.

You'll need one heck of a clutch box won't last long if you abuse it infact won't last long if you use the power.

1.5 bar your looking at 350 plus I'd recon.

What turbo you looking at using gt28?

R35 GTR
what would actually need uprating engine wise? If I ever rebuild mine I will be making it stronger.:evil: I'm still new to all this so still learning.

what would actually need uprating engine wise? If I ever rebuild mine I will be making it stronger.:evil: I'm still new to all this so still learning.

Depends how strong you want ti piston and rods are the frst to look at depends what you have it at th moment. Otherssei you need to start looking at the crank etc but that mega money.

R35 GTR

Depends how strong you want ti piston and rods are the frst to look at depends what you have it at th moment. Otherssei you need to start looking at the crank etc but that mega money.
I can get machine shop rates at £20 an hour.:) Crank shouldnt cost too much.lol.

I'm on the hount for a new clutch ..I figure i can use a sachs 654 pressureplate good for 380 nm whitout sinter and I'm gonna use sinter..

I'v got a kkk 2670 turbo, a porsche
experiment turbo.
walbro 255 L/H fuel pump
and a haltech E11 v2 ecu.
wössner lowcop. pistons
conrods from THS
Ic, dump, and wastegate from a local cheap local reseller
550cc injectors

a got the turbo from a friend of mine... for free... totaly fresh
only put together after reconditioning..
I have a friend that made me the parts for the exhaust in a laser cutting device at his work and another one is welding it..
all to all it have cost me about 2k£ + tuning about 400 £
Well i wont have to go as far as 1,5 bar but atleast 1 bar.
How mutch abuse will the gearbox take before it blows?
///Daniel

I'v got a kkk 2670 turbo, a porsche
experiment turbo.

550cc injectors

a got the turbo from a friend of mine... for free... totaly fresh
only put together after reconditioning..
Well i wont have to go as far as 1,5 bar but atleast 1 bar.
How mutch abuse will the gearbox take before it blows?

550 injectors won't last long though there limited to about 360hp unles you are messing about with the pressure behind them. And with the spec of the rest of the engine I'd guess your going to have very close on that and some spare isn't a bad thing best not running 100% .

Sounds like a great project though.

Gearbox well stock 200Nm can kill it with absue depends how you use it with care it should be ok for a fair old milage but start putting some load/abuse in there and you'll have it in pieces its only offical able to take 200NM when it was warentied by Renault.

You can get it strenghtened but its still a weak box.

How come your not tempted to use the turbo f4R engine its got a lot more strenght in it plus the gearbox are stronger plus 6 speed options are avaiabale from Megans etc.

Well, I havent found a F4RT engine at a acceptable price yet..
It dosent exist to many in sweden... And i cant say I'm tempted by the
6 gearbox. I think it's enough with 5 gears... What worry about is the gearbox.. I dont realy want to blow it. But i guess thats what is coming to me... I have friends that are in to streetracing... Yeah i might go up in fuelpressure or just go on larger injectors..

I'v got a friend that are all in to BMW that have missled me in to turbo converting...
He have a small workshop were i help him from time to time.
I'm in to electronics and he's not...:)
Yes i love my littel project, but not my wife, she thinks the money would
be better spend on a vacation in some sunny place.:cool:

///Daniel

Well here we go again....
I have tryed the sachs pressureplate and found out that it is to big...
It wont fit my flywheel. So i guess I'll have to use the valeo pressureplate.
But, since i live in sweden I would try to find the valeo plate in sweden rather
then ordering it from UK.. Any one got the number on the pressureplate
that K- Tech are selling for the turbo kit? Is it a Valeo to start whith?

Best regards

Daniel Ohde