ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 total power loss when cold

172 Cup
I know 172s don't run very well from cold but a couple of times mine has had severe power loss almost causing me to stop.
basically if I started the car drove up the road car seemed to be running ok then all of a sudden with my foot in a constant position on the accelerator it started to dramatically slow down so I put the accelerator all the way down but that made no difference so I changed to 2nd and kept my foot hard down but the car was still slowing so I put it into first and it slowly started to accelerate and after about 5 secs was back to normal this is the second time it's done this and it's always from cold as soon as there is some heat in the engine it's ok I don't want to take it to a garage because it's so intermittant so any ideas are welcome cheers

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
had similar issues i replaced the coolant temp sensor ,the tdc sensor and loom and had a new battery no problems since