ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 rear exhaust heatshield

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
How is these parts fastened to the bodyshell? Cursory glance(exhaust was still too hot to delve in detail) whilst car on lift during MOT seems that they have broken free from a stud welded to the shell. Is that a threaded stud, and if so what size thread please?

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
I had something similar, where it looked like the stud itself had disappeared. What I used was a self tapping screw, No.12 (~5.5mm) and some clips designed for heatshields, which I got from Renault. It kinda just screws onto the stud. Part number 77 03 080 115.
Given the fit was pretty good, I would guess that No.12 is the size for all the welded studs.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Also once you've got a nut, put a massive washer on before putting the nut on. Had to do this with mine as there was a hole in it around the nut so even though the nut was tight it wasn't holding the heat shield in place.